Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Effipro flea treatement

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by metaldog, Mar 25, 2011.

1. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

I have just been looking for frontline for Pippi and came across Effipro on this website. Having had a look around it appears it contains the same active ingredient as frontline spot on but is much cheaper as frontline have lost the rights to be the only manafacturer. Like the difference between Neurofen and cheap Ibuprofen (same drug, different packaging). I've ordered a single pipette to test it.

Has anyone else tried it and if so did you find it as good as Frontline?

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

As far as I know Frontlines ingrediant or chemical is fipronil, with a name like Effipro, I should imagine it is fipronil. Funilly enough I just got the new Vet Medic catalogue which is where I get all my stuff from and they have a new one coming out too called Fiprospot and it says that is fipronil based. No prices at the moment just details on the product and says coming soon so cant tell you how that compares price wise with the Effipro or Frontline.

3. emmaluggs

emmaluggs PetForums Junior

I use it on my cats and it works just the same as frontline. Will be using it on my pup once she's due :)

4. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Oooh mine are due doing this next week so might give that a whirl. :eek:

5. slbrown2108

slbrown2108 PetForums Senior

maisie is on effipro and i think its good. she was on frontline but the vet moved her to effipro for some reason but i like it cause its cheaper and you can buy it on www.vetsuk.com cheap too

6. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Thank you :)

7. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

The Effipro is still working now we are at the height of the flea season so money saved and money well spent :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice