Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Eeeeek, Pixie has a new annoying habit - any advice?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MissBethM, Apr 4, 2011.

1. MissBethM

MissBethM PetForums Senior

Hi everyone.

Over the last couple of weeks Pixie has adopted a rather irritating habit of crawling under our bed in the middle of the night and clicking at the underside of the matteress. Doesn't sound much but this wakes me and the OH up EVERY night, like clockwork at around 3am!! It's really noisy and I end up having to get out of bed, lure Pixie out and either lock her out (not ideal as she cries at door) or try and bribe her to stay on the bed with lots of affection and cuddles!

This is is really starting to get to us now as we can't sleep uninterrupted without this little debacle! Locking her out all night really is a last resort as A) I love having her on the bed and B) she howls and clicks at the door when she isn't allowed in with us!

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could try? I can't really block up the entrance to under the bed as unpractical!! Was wondering if there was some sort of spray I could use under bed to put her off venturing down there?!

Any ideas appreciated :D

2. Spook

Spook PetForums Member

I put storage boxes under my bed to keep my kitten out. :) Also a hell of a lot of toys lying around to keep him occupied at night, though he mainly slept through it as i'd keep him active during the day..

3. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

As said above i would put stuff under the bed so kitty cant get under there.:) Mine scratch at the door and wake us up, 6.30 every morning, :rolleyes:,,gooodness knows when they learnt to tell the time !!!:D,:rolleyes:,

4. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

there is a bitter stop biting spray that you can buy google it!

5. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

Monty did this and I cut his claws and it stopped as they weren't sharp enough to get in the fabric.

6. Quixoticish

Quixoticish PetForums Junior

Pack beneath your bed with things that look plain and utilitarian. We made the mistake of throwing everything hodge-podge under the bed to stop Tribble getting under there when he first arrived, essentially we turned it into a giant playground for him and once he squeezed in he spent all night making a racket.

7. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

there is a pet behaviour spray that you can by from pets at home...its very citrus and you spray to stop them biting, scratching etc...it worked for honey when she was having a go at the carpet runners...now all i have to do is get it out of the cupboard and hold it up and she runs ;)

8. MissBethM

MissBethM PetForums Senior

Thanks for all the adivce :D
    I'm going to invest in some citrus spray and generously apply to the underside of the mattress. Hopefully that will deter the little tinker. She was at it again last night. I locked her out only for her to rip up the edge of the carpet against my door! She's so naughty :rolleyes:

9. rhian d

rhian d PetForums Senior

my cats do nearly the same thing except with us it is ALOT worse we have a king size bed which is low to the floor both oakley and keshi go under the bed and start scratching really bad at the wood which is really loud. with oakley u can feel the bed shaking with the strength of his lil legs. but they are so clever and go to the middle underneath where we cant reach them. we have to try and get them to come to the edge of the bed and literally pull them out. the problem with this tho is it is very hard leaning over the edge of the bed holding yourself up on 1 arm trying to get the cat out with the other then oakley puts his paw on the inside edge so we cant get him out grrrrr.

the OH is really not happy with this every morning between 2 - 6 and we have talked about getting some wood to go on the inside of the underneath to stop them getting under. in the mean time i will look out for that spray in pets at home.

10. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Indie Sometimes does this, Right underneath in the middle of the bed so we cant grab him. We put big drawers there, Problem solved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice