Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Eco friendly dog walking business

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by amanda w, Dec 20, 2019.

1. amanda w

amanda w PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm after some opinions please...I've run a pet care business for several years now all solo walks and we are very popular and I'm now looking at having a more eco friendly approach to dog walking ie with the products we use and not transporting dogs in cars unless in a emergency my question is do you think there is a big enough appeal for something like this? I personally have never seen the appeal for transporting dogs in cars just to take them for a walk. Does anyone else have an eco friendly approach to their business? Thank you :)

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I"m the opposite, while I only take one dog at a time, I take them on adventures rather than just walk them. This entails driving
    . Many many owners don't seem to care too much where their dogs go as long as they wee and poop, so I can see no problem with your plan in essence, though it's not something I would personally enjoy
    As a selling point I can't see it making a lot of difference as many walkers already do this without the label

#2 rona, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Calvine and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I hate the idea of my dog being shut in a van in close proximity to other dogs (who might not all get on/be happy) for ages while walker does the rounds of pick up/drop off.

I’ve never used one but would only have a Dog Walker who did a 1-2-1 walk from my home with no need for a car journey.

rona likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice