Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Echinachea Drops have saved me a fortune.

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by goodbody, Jan 8, 2008.

1. goodbody

goodbody PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

I periodically give my three cats Echinacea drops that can be brought at most chemists or health stores. It is natures antibiotic and has also cleared up ear infections and mouth ulcers which one of my cats is prone to. They are totally safe, i give them the childrens dose. As your vets they are fine to give them its brilliant.
    My friend had a cat that had this awful cold, no word of a lie i have never seen a cat have a cold this bad, she had forked out over £200 in vets fees and nothing had worked. I told her about Echinacea and she tried it, within a week her cat was better.
    Of course seek medical advice if your cat is poorly, but you can give these drops as a preventative measure if your cat is prone to mild things..

Attached Files:

2. jeanie

jeanie PetForums VIP

Hi, i am going to try those drops my cat has ulcers but round her neck she gets one after another im wondering if those drops might help as shes at the vets every two weeks for injections and they are not helping at all , since i took her a week last friday she has another one come out thats three she has now im very worried about her and nothing seems to work so thanks for the info will try it .

3. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

Echinachea drops are fantastic I take them myself aswell,

4. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Goodbody:D You do take great pics but having such handsome cats and dog always makes it easy:D:DThey are beauty's and i love the one with specs on:D Looks like a loveable furry Mary Poppins nanny who i'm sure every small child and big would gladly have around:D

5. Didnt do anything to me tho....

6. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Got some today so if and when we use them, i'll let you know what happens:) Actually May got them from Boots,ask her how helpful the Pharmacist was:cool::D:D

7. may

may PetForums VIP

:eek:Very funny Kelly :D
    The Pharmacist was about as helpful as a hole in a bucket:mad::mad::mad:

8. goggum

goggum PetForums Newbie

Can you buy these drops specifically for cats, or do you buy th human version. If so, what is the recommended dose for cats?

I use echinacea myself but never thought about giving it to my cat. I have a cat with awful eczema and the we have not found the cause. Boosting her immune system may be worth a try.

9. goodbody

goodbody PetForums Newbie

hi there,
    thanks for all your replies and comments about my pics.....
    The echinachea i get are for children and i give my cats the recommended dose for kids. I only give them the drops for two weeks at a time so they don't get immune to them. Hope this helps...:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice