Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

EBT growling problem.

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Varkhond, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

Hi, i have a young english bullterrier. She is the sweetest thing on earth, and wennever she spot other dogs or humans she goes in partymode(sometimes she seems to love other people more then me:D).. But 6days ago she started with some very wird, and annoying behavior.. :mad:

So, everyday i go to my grandparents house. My grandma loves my dog etc, and my dog her. But for some stupid reason my granddad has a huge fear for my dog, wich wasnt a problem til last thursday.. It began to growl - pull - and jump like it want to attack him??? And its hairs on neck etc is up in full combat style.. :( Now each day my dog does this if it see my "nono" and today it also allmost jumped my cousin(who is also a hysterical kid). Im sure it can sense their fear, maybe it dont understand how to process this stuff yet?

Note: I have been keeping my dog in a leach since thursday, as i dont wanna see if she wanna bite or just fooling around. It does wipe around its tail while growling and its ears is straight forward. But im no expert in this matter, so i hope someone might have an idea here?

Thanks in advance. :eek:

#1 Varkhond, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  2. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Hi. Dogs pick up on fear of people. They can react to it for a couple of reasons (1) because it thinks there is something to worry about so it feels as though it needs to protect itself (2) it see's the person as being weak so could try to dominate it.

I have this problem with my dogs and certain people. Because my dogs, have in the past bitten people, a few of my friends are scared of them. This attitude has actually caused a friend to get bitten. Now I cannot allow any nervous friends or family around the dog, because this alone can start a problem.

If your grandad is to spend time with this dog, then he needs to get over his fear. If he cannot, then you should not allow the dog to be with him. You do not want to put your grandad in a position where he is attacked.

x

3. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

Okay i will try ask him to work with me on hes fear.. Else it will be 1time a month i visit them.. (oh the threat). :D When my dog was younger and more cutelooking he wasnt afraid so he must learn nothing has changed.. She is more wellbehaved now to , doesnt jump up and down on people or bite their pants all the time anymore. :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice