Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ebay sellers! I need your help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by My lil Babies, Apr 28, 2011.

1. ..............................

#1 My lil Babies, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
  2. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Id say it sounds a wee bit dodgy.. Why not pay the whole thing by Paypal?
    Is she willing to let you post when you have the postal order?
    I cant advise you on Paypal sorry as im a newbie with it too :)

3. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

hmm I dont get why a buyer would want to do that either. I would reply back to them saying it would be easier for both of you to pay the whole amount either but paypal or postal order. after all, they wont get the item any quicker via their suggested method. am not sure if this may be a scam of some kind?

4. Yeah I was wondering whether it could be a scam. Looks genuine though but can't be 100% sure. The item is quite expensive and the postage is a fair amount and has to be sent by courier so all I can think of is that the person doesnt have enough in her paypal account to pay for item & postage together and want to pay for the item by postal order as that is all she has in cash. I think I will ask her to pay for it all together either as postal order or paypal and that I don't mind waiting for a few days untill she has all the money needed in one place.

#4 My lil Babies, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2011
  5. bulldog200

bulldog200 PetForums VIP

Never heard of a ebay buyer wanting to do that , if they are wanting to pay for it using postal order then they should pay the whole amount ,i have sent invioces to people but i dont think you can split it , its either pay thru paypal or postal order , really does sound a bit dogey tho :confused:

6. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

I'd pay just through Paypal if it were me. I don't understand why you'd pay through postal order and paypal, as generally paypal comes out of your bank account.

Seems a little suspicious to me :(

7. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Yes takes just as much time to put the extra cash in the bank than visit the post office to get the PO :confused:

8. kirk68

kirk68 PetForums VIP

You can't split the invoice, it's generated automatically for the total amount of the sale and that includes postage charges. Seems very strange that she wants to do it that way. I agree that it sounds dodgy. Just don't send the item till you have received and cashed the postal order.

9. The spelling is pretty bad too. I know that some people do have trouble with spelling & grammar (me being one of them) but with this message & the odd invoice requirement I am beginning to think it is rather dodgy. This is what she sent me.

i will sent you a postal order for (x amount) can you sent me you full names so i can write it on the postal order . and i will pay the Postgae by palpay can you sent me a invocie for it thank you kind reguard linda.

#9 My lil Babies, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2011
  10. They have just sent me another message agreeing to pay it all by postal order as they don't have enough money in the bank to pay it all by paypal.
    Not sre why they couldn't of just done this in the first place. Item sold on Friday and am slightly annoyed this is the first contact they have made despite me sending several emails asking how or when they are going to pay.

11. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

why dont they just put the money in the bank? :s the paypal account is connected to a bank card anyway so it would be a lot easier to put more money in the bank than a PO.

Also a postal order is going to cost them more as they have to pay a fee i think

12. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Yes there is a fee.. I think its a percentage but i could be wrong

13. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

but on the plus side the seller doesn't have to pay the paypal fee;)

14. I think from now on I will sell items and say PayPal only. Although I have had an ebay account for some time I usually only buy from the site so have never come across an awkward buyer.

15. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

If they are going to pay via postal order, DONT send the goods until the postal orders clear in your bank, which will take a few days. I have had loads of problems with Paypal so deal with them anymore. I always state valuable items will be sent via recorded delivery which will be X amount extra, they then sign for it their end, so they cant come back and say they didnt recieve it, as post office will track when it was delivered and to what address and who signed for it, if it went to wrong address post office will know.

16. blackdiamond

blackdiamond PetForums Senior

Regarding a Postal Order, you can ask them not to have it crossed that way you can cash it straight away at your Post Office.

I have sent many a PO & left it uncrossed that way the buyer can cash it immediately & send the good(s) straightaway.

My bank takes a minumum of 7 days to transfer money from the bank into my paypal account.

If i don't have the whole amount of buying something in my paypal account i always contact a seller asking whether they will accept a PO before i commit to buying & if in doubt check my feedback which sits at 100%. Usually they will accept this way of payment.

XxX

17. She sent me two Postal orders. One for the cost of the item & one for the postage with a few quid extra added :confused: They are crossed and will have to wait untill tuesday before I can take them into my bank but she has spelt my name wrong even though She asked me for my name and I typed it correctly in the email. Its not a major spelling mistake just a letter added in both of the PO's Rebbecca insead of Rebecca. Do you know if I will still be able to get it put in my bank ok? The surname is spelt correctly

18. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

I cash POs everyday at work and some of the spellings are attrocious. It shouldn't be a problem hun. :)

19. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Your bank will accept it, it would be different if she put a totally different name on them. :D

20. Thanks. I thought it would be OK but wasn't sure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice