UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a rather heated discussion with OH - snuggled on the sofa with the throw from our bed and he complained it smells of our dog, Lucy. She has free access to the bed and spends most of her time on it :rolleyes:

I happen to love how Lucy smells. Call me crazy but it's her smell and I don't find it as offensive as him. He hates that the bed smells of her and keeps threatening to have her out of the room at all the times even though he loves snuggling with her and we usually wake up in a three way spoon :D

Just wondered if anyone else likes how their dog smells Au Naturale?!!

·
Registered
23,241 Posts
I love most of my dogs smells....I do draw the line at post poop roll though!:rolleyes:
Im happy with wet dog, dirt covered dog, freshly shampooed dog, etc. In fact I often bury my nose in Adam or Hannahs fur and have a good ol' sniff.:D
I find it comforting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love most of my dogs smells....I do draw the line at post poop roll though!:rolleyes:
Im happy with wet dog, dirt covered dog, freshly shampooed dog, etc. In fact I often bury my nose in Adam or Hannahs fur and have a good ol' sniff.:D
I find it comforting.
THANK YOU. I knew I couldn't be the only one. We call it River Dog Smell as she's normally damp after her swim on our walks. I love it. Damp dog smell, often do the same - bury my nose in her and breathe it in. Lovely. :D

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I find it comforting.
Same here except with my dogs not yours :laugh: Hmmmm now I think about it, I do it whilst I'm carrying Alice around...dya reckon it'd make me look like the crazy dog lady to my neighbours and the people at [email protected]?? :crazy:

·
Registered
14,957 Posts
My OH hates the doggy biscuit smell too! I love it. I just bury my nose in her fur and sniff, it's lovely! I do draw the line at the whole house mind, I wash throws and sheets each week.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
I like the smell of fresh dog, I especially love smelling their paws. However, when their odour gets on something like a throw after a while the smell changes and it's a smell of sour dog and I don't like that as much so I wash the throws/dog beds/dog coats weekly.

I also have wipe clean leather sofas and hard floors with washable rugs.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Oh dear! I feel guilty saying this- I hate to think the house smells doggy! I use lots of febrese and wash throws and blankets every few days. I bath the littl'uns if they start to smell too 'woofy'. They get washed with baby shampoo and coconut conditioner.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I love the smell of dog, especially damp dog, reminds me of my childhood meeting so many farm dogs and farmhouses with lovely old kitchens with stinky dog beds :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.