Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Eating ALL the animal?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Starlite, Sep 14, 2010.

1. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

LOL don't worry I won't be disappointed but OH probably will (serial meat eater!) :D

2. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I think all should be eaten, and fur to be used as clothes also. But that is open to problems as people wouldn't know whether the whole animal had been used.

I will eat everything e.g liver, heart and all other organs

3. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

I have tried liver and do not like the taste, I hve never tried heart:scared:

4. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

i do, i eat WHOLE EGGS. ;) though they are in cake form, as unprocessed eggs are fowl.. no wait.. foul tasting.

i eat hotdogs and corned beef hash/spam so presumably eat all the left overs from proper meat production. can't say the knowledge of eating the trotters etc bothers me much, tastes pretty good.

I tend to eat good cuts of chicken and beef cos i have a 'fantastic' gag reflex and the smallest amount of fat/gristle makes me want to projectile hurl, however whatever i cut off gets given to the cats. I don't eat other meats generally cos i can't stand the taste.. lamb/sheep is especially rank.

nothing wrong with eating meat as long as you don't over do it and make sure the animals are local, treated well etc etc. i rarely eat veal or baby anythings if i can help it.

I still won't eat sea food due to it being ming and being a marine bio i know what's in it and after reading the below mentioned book (in signature) i NEVER will, also won't give fish to the cats (no merely cos they don't like it). We did used to eat Tuna.. after our 3 cans in the kitchen are gone, we will NEVER buy it again.

btw veggies, some of you mention that you 'wished' all meat eaters hunted down and killed their own meat.... do you grow/hunt and kill your own veggies? they have feelings too you know ;)

5. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

Speaking as a vegetarian, I think if an animal has given his/her life for the pleasure of people eating them, then ALL the meat should be eaten or used if possible.

6. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

They will if they kill it themselves also environmentally friendly as there is none of the excessive packaging

7. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

Whilst i understand your sentiments, and applaud the notion. I would be seriously worried about the animals welfare at time of slaughter.

OK killing a rabbit or a chicken is a skill that can be taught quickly, but we dont all have abboitoirs or stunners in order to humanely kill a cow or pig.

I have been to abboitoirs and realise some are better than others, but imagine if people went back to home slaughter without defra governing their welfare.

8. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

I agree with TL its the only way to be certain plus i bet there'd be a lot more vegetarians if people had to kill the animals themselves:)

9. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

oh true i never thought about the actual slaughter:eek6:

10. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

We always buy a complete chicken, we have better parts, Dillon gets the rest what he does not eat goes out for the foxes.

11. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

Slaughtering what you eat is a bad bad idea, obviously the welfare issue but what about bloods and fluids? bits you can't eat? brains, bones etc? What do people do with those?? You can't bin them, the smell would be horrific

Id rather slaughter houses where used so the animals welfare can be monitered and the waste products are disposed of properly.

I will happily eat cheaper cuts of meat however I really dislike offal.. I don't think I should eat something I don't like for the sake of it

12. hawksport

hawksport Banned

You can make nice soup with brains

13. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

Er, you can, I think I'll pass thanks :D

14. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

none for me thanks!

[​IMG]

I dont mine anyone else having my share in this case lol, happily give it to the cats though!

15. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

You eat them - thats what people do here.......

16. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

İts done all the time here in every back garden or field there is no such thing as humane slaughter. he animals here are killed in the field they lived in not transported miles.

17. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

but not here.. you can't make people eat what they dont want to eat

18. borderer

borderer Guest

most of my meat i kill myself:thumbup:

19. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

We know!! ;)

1 person likes this.
  20. borderer

borderer Guest

:thumbup::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice