UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now we live on the edge of town we don't have lit parks and pathways. There is a playing field, but it's not got any lighting.

A couple times a week I'm going to have to walk the girls in the dark. I dunno what to do about those walks.

I could walk round the streets, but Clover won't poo on road grass verges. She always has a poo on a morning. I also worry Daisy won't be getting enough exercise walking the streets to be left for 3 hours, which she will be once a week.

I could venture onto the playing field in the dark, but I'm actually scared of the dark :blush2: And obviously I don't want to put myself at risk.

So what do I do about those early dark morning walks, so both the girls get their needs met :)

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
Personally I think the dogs will quickly adapt to their new walks :)

For your own peace of mind and security stick to the lit streets, my 3 get 20/30 minute walk in the mornings - I walk until they've all been and then another 10 minutes so they get a decent walk and they settle fine for the morning.
Pavement walks can have lots of interesting smells etc to wear out a young mind :)

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I think the dogs will quickly adapt to their new walks :)

For your own peace of mind and security stick to the lit streets, my 3 get 20/30 minute walk in the mornings - I walk until they've all been and then another 10 minutes so they get a decent walk and they settle fine for the morning.
Pavement walks can have lots of interesting smells etc to wear out a young mind :)
Thanks Daisy will go for her business anywhere. She really doesn't care. Clover does care. Will try it. Just hope Daisy will settle without a long walk.

·
Registered
16,557 Posts
I agree with Fleur, the dogs will soon adapt so don't worry too much.

I had this problem when we moved to the countryside, I now stumble around fields in the pitch black on our morning walks. Luckily I'm not worried about the dark & have a fantastic torch :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.