Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Early Morning Walks..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nonnie, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Walking the boys around 5.30 am at the moment to avoid the heat, as it really knocks Oscar.
    See loads of wildlife at this time. These are from yesterday and we saw; a swan, mandarin ducks, mallards, a small herd of 5 deer, 2 foxes, loads of woodcock, some pheasants and squirrels. Only managed to get a pic of the swan and mallards though.

The swan
    [​IMG]
    A nice sunrise
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

More..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Last ones...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

We usuallly go out at that time - lovely now isn't it?!

We walk along the river so always see some swans, geese, ducks & a few grebes.

Nearly trod on a pheasant this morning who was hiding in the long grass, he screeched & flew out making us all jump. Certainly woke me up though :eek:

Pics are lovely especially the bluebells :D

5. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

Some brilliant photos there Nonnie. I love the ones of the sunrise and the bluebells.

6. woody10

woody10 PetForums Senior

great pics - wish I could drag myself out of bed early enough to see such sights.... need to set my alarm!! I'm a sunset person ...:)

7. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Lovely photos, bet the dogs love it:)

8. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Im surprised we see anythign with the amount of noise Oscar makes crashign through everything. I have to be careful when walking really early, as their is a greater level of scent, and more wildlife around and Oz has a naughty habit in buggering off to certain places he knows they might be. Especially the pond which is unhealthily obsessed with at the moment.
    I took about 30 of the sunrise at various stages. Most came out blurred though as my camera doesnt work well in low light conditions.

9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I would love to walk Tiger at that time in the morning but he has a habit of barking and screeching his way down the street when he first gets out the house so I doubt the neighbours would love it so much, Tiger is only walked at sociable hours :rolleyes:

10. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Lovely pictures - it looks like a lovely peaceful time of day to walk and enjoy your surroundings (I just can't bring myself to get out of bed before 6.30am It just doesn't seem ;ike morning :D)

This was my favorite to :)

11. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I wish some of the people in my area were as respectful as you. One guy walks his dog around midnight, and it barks constantly the entire time.

The the guy behind my house lets his goldie out at 7am and encourages it to bark :mad:
    Seems to think if he's up, everyone else should be.

12. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

beautiful pics and most be lovely walking that early as you have everything to yourself.

13. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Aww that looks so idyllic. If I could walk my dogs somewhere like that, I'd think I'd died and gone to heaven. Its just beautiful......and even more bluebells!!

14. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I'd hate to be that person who winds the whole street up!

We are working on the barking and we are starting to get there very slowly away (after nearly 3 years of trying to no avail) but at the moment he is too unreliable with it.

I did try it once at about 8am, that's as early as I'll walk him and he didn't make a peep but I managed to get his collar on and out the house so quick that I don't think he'd even woken up until we were half way through the park lol :D

15. rona

rona Guest

I really need to get up earlier :D

16. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I dont really have a choice, Oscar can hardly go 100 metres in the heat :(

Im dreading summer. He's already panting at rest at times, and coughing more.

17. rona

rona Guest

Have you got the paddling pool out?

18. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I dont have one. I have tried in the past, but he refused to go in it.

Im thinking of getting a cheap one, and a plastic decoy duck to fool him into thinking its his pond. I doubt he's going to be that gullible though.

19. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Fantastic photos! Im dreading having to get up early to take the dogs for a proper run, although you are right in that the wildlife is more active then.:D
    (Adam isnt fond of walking in the heat and gets worn out quite quickly.)

20. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

Great photos, I really like the bluebells. I'm up nice and early at this time of year too, I wake up earlier as it gets lighter, and I love it when no-one else is around.
    This morning a buzzard flew by me so close, and so low down that for just a moment I had an irrational little worry about whether they ever attack humans! :blush: It was great to see one so close up, doesn't happen every day :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice