Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

ear mites ???

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by clownfrog, Jan 29, 2021.

1. clownfrog

clownfrog PetForums Newbie

we noticed our kitten had black crust in her ears so we did some research and found ear mites. and she had been scratching her ears a lot.

what should we do? we read a few things about putting oil in their ears or just buying some product specifically for ear mites. someone said we should go to the vet but the vet wont be open till Monday, other then for emergencies. And then when they do open it may be a while before we can get an appointment.

I'm not too sure what to do about it?

2. Lina84

Lina84 PetForums Junior

We had quite a few problems with ear mites in the past and another sign of ear mites is that they are shaking their head a lot. Is your cat doing that as well? I also don't think ear mites are the only issue with these symptoms. Or it might be nothing. I was recently a bit worried about scratching and a black crust and it turned out to be just a dirty ear :rolleyes: Anyways I would avoid putting anything in their ears without consulting a vet. I wouldn't say ear mites are serious enough for an emergency vet, but I might be wrong here. I would give the vet a call on Monday and see what they think, even if it is just a phone consultation.

clownfrog likes this.
  3. clownfrog

clownfrog PetForums Newbie

thank you we will call them on monday to see what they say

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice