Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

ear infection.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cassie01, Jul 17, 2009.

1. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

think iv got one. does anyone now roughly how long it will take to go away, without taking any medication. had it 5 days already. staring to get annoyed at it.

2. kath123

kath123 Guest

If you have got an ear infection it wont go without antibiotics hun, so get down the doctors so they can have a look. xx

3. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

surely it will go on its own. how did people do it before we had antibiotics?? i really dont want to go to the doctors. id rather try something herbal or something.

4. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

It's not herbal but ordex is good:)

5. kath123

kath123 Guest

You may be lucky enough for it to go through herbel medicine etc or just leave it but i cant see it clearing up completely if it is an infection.

They are very painful so take plenty of painkillers if you dont want to see a doctor. I know which option i would go with but its your choice hun. xx

6. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Please go to the doctors one of the complications of a non treated ear infection is Meningitis!

My husband had an inner ear infection that took 6 weeks to clear up even with anti biotics. It made him very very ill as he refused to go to the doctor at first.

7. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

even if i go to the doctors i wont take any medication they give me anyway. for personal reasons. i was just hoping that there might be an alternative i could try, its better then it was yesterday so im hoping its going on its own, i just dont like not being able to hear properly all the time. lol. If theres nothing i can try ill just leave it to go on its own. im sure it will be fine, i didnt take nothing when i had tonsilitus (spelling??) and that went away after a few weeks.

8. Badger's Mum

What about almand oil, that will get rid of some of the gunge

9. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

thanks ill try that.

10. Badger's Mum

I used to use it for my son when he was younger:)

11. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Awwwwwww bless hope your ear gets better soon.

lol i just spat me drink all over me monitor when i saw the title of the thread lmao :eek:ut: :idea: :smilewinkgrin: :eek:hmy: Then i put me specs on pmsl ;) :p:smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

12. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

i dont get it???? what did you think it said?? :confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice