Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ear infection.. advice

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by 3 red dogs, Jul 3, 2009.

1. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

Hi guys, thought i'd pick ya brains
    Laalie, our 4 year old vizzie has a problem, 2 nights back, at 4 am she woke up a bit disturbed, shaking her head, ears going ninety to the dozen, off to the vets we went the next day and it appears she has mites and wax in her ears.. she was pretty distraught about it TBH.. we have drops, and cotton wool buds etc to cure the prob, but i just wondered if there was anything else we could do for her in regards this ailment??
    Advise appreciated!

2. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

If you find the drops don't clear the mites you could always try some Thornit. It's brilliant stuff and I know a lot of breeders use it.:)

3. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

we have earmites here too atm and we just clean out their ears daily with ear solution and we used advocate and some ear drops...which seems to help quite good (i hope :D ) as mayas ear looks a bit better today! :)

4. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

Thx Jazzy..where can i get this from....???

5. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

thx natik!
    your a star!!

6. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

Aww poor thing , only one of my bichons has ever had ear trouble , when it first came to us, re occuring ear probs but touch wood, the drops worked eventually and have had no trouble for the last two years. I know it really irritates them doesnt it poor thing, hope it clears soon, and stays away!

7. hairydog

hairydog PetForums Member

THORNIT- it really works, costs about £9.00 a bottle and is totally brilliant, google it 2 find stockists, as you cant buy it wholesale, but is exactly for what you described is wrong with your dogs ear, and you will never have to go to the vet again!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice