Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ear damage.

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Tokay, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Tokay

Tokay PetForums Newbie

Our Jack Russell Digby had a minor accident last week. I took him for a walk with my neighbour`s dog and let them off for a run. They unfortunately had a collision and Digby started yelping with his jaw hanging down. I thought he`d broken or dislocated it at first :eek:hmy: but then after about 20 seconds or so he was fine and started playing again. It was only later, I realised that he was keeping one of his ears upright all the time instead of flopping over like it used to. Somebody informed us though that apparently some cartilage that goes from the jaw to the ear has likely snapped and it makes the ear stand up. He also said it can`t be fixed. Digby isn`t in any pain at all and his ear is still up. Has anyone else had this happen to their dog?

2. katiefranke

katiefranke PetForums VIP

oh no, that doesnt sound good! poor digby! :(

sorry no, I havent heard of that before...have you spoken to the vet? If it were me I would call them and discuss with the vet to be on the safe side.

good luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice