UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really would like / want /need an e-reader lol

Do any of you have one? If so what one do you have? I bought my mum a kobo for christmas last year and she swears by it!
Where do you buy your books for it? I've realized that sometimes the "E" version of a book is more expensive than the actual physical paper copy!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
i have a kindle.

if the text is too small you can enlarge it.... cant do that with a book

i can read without my glasses on

and it can read to me whilst i close my eyes....

try doing that with a book!

·
Administrator
35,985 Posts
I took the plunge and bought a Kindle a couple of weeks ago - have to say I love it :thumbsup: So far I've downloaded some free books and a couple that cost less than £1 from Amazon :thumbsup: but looking at available titles I think they compare very favourably with the paper versions.
I just wish I could 'borrow' library books with it :( My library supports other e.readers but not Kindle :(

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I took the plunge and bought a Kindle a couple of weeks ago - have to say I love it :thumbsup: So far I've downloaded some free books and a couple that cost less than £1 from Amazon :thumbsup: but looking at available titles I think they compare very favourably with the paper versions.
I just wish I could 'borrow' library books with it :( My library supports other e.readers but not Kindle :(
Kindle are starting a library facility but you have to be a Prime member. I can't remember how much it costs a year but you get free delivery on Amazon items and other members of your household can also use it. It might be worth checking out :)

I love my Kindle, some books are more expensive than the paperback but I think that has got less some over the last year or so. I bought Ken Follett on Kindle for 20p, which has just come out, so they do some really good deals.

I go mad with the 99p books, I've bought some great ones that way.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I got the kindle a few months ago, and I LOVE it! Wouldn't be without it now!
Most of the books I have seen are resonably priced.. I have over 200 books on mine, and I haven't payed for any!

·
Registered
15,185 Posts
Love my Kindle, got it and the leather cover/protector with built in light for free, on my nectar points at Argos.

It is brill.

You can search it, it always opens to the page you left it, if you fall asleep reading it switches itself and the light off ; many books are free or cheaper than real ones and best of all you can carry around a hundred books in your handbag and you do not have to duste them.

You can read it one handed and I even have a waterproof pouch for it for the beach/spa/bath/rain!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Love my Kindle, got it and the leather cover/protector with built in light for free, on my nectar points at Argos.

It is brill.

You can search it, it always opens to the page you left it, if you fall asleep reading it switches itself and the light off ; many books are free or cheaper than real ones and best of all you can carry around a hundred books in your handbag and you do not have to duste them.

You can read it one handed and I even have a waterproof pouch for it for the beach/spa/bath/rain!
I got a waterproof cover for my Kindle for a recent spa trip. I should have been on commission so many people asked me where I got it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
If you have an Android device then you will be able to get a super cheap e-reader - the txtr beagle. Not released yet but might have an impact on the others once it does!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Kindle are starting a library facility but you have to be a Prime member. I can't remember how much it costs a year but you get free delivery on Amazon items and other members of your household can also use it. It might be worth checking out :)

I love my Kindle, some books are more expensive than the paperback but I think that has got less some over the last year or so. I bought Ken Follett on Kindle for 20p, which has just come out, so they do some really good deals.

I go mad with the 99p books, I've bought some great ones that way.
£49 just went for a nosey :sad:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I have a Kobo and I love it. However I have seen that they are bringing out a Kobo glo and I REALLY want that as then I can read in the dark!!!!:p

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Oh ok, it's worth it for us because we order shed loads of stuff from Amazon, but if you don't then it's not cost effective.

Do you subscribe to the daily deals? You can get an email or like the FB page. I've got loads of books for 20p that way.
i use Ereader IQ... daily freebies :lol: i very rarely pay for a book, but they arent well ... popular ones.

i do get emails for the daily deals, thank you tho.

·
Registered
14,799 Posts
I've had a Kindle for a couple of years now and I love it. I've got so many books on it, it's almost embarrassing. The vast majority have been free ones.I've found a few good authors by trying them out on a freebie first.

It's amazing the variety there is for free, not just novels and short stories but lots of non fiction too, including cookery books!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.