UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently doing a bit of DIY as we want to put our flat on the market & move in the next few months. I have become more aware of the amount of cat/dog hair that is EVERYWHERE!!!
It is a bit of an annoyance to me but I'm worried it may put off people who come to have a look at our flat so want to make ssure it's as tidy as possible. Am thinking of investing in a Dyson DC27 Animal - anyone got this? Are they any good? Any other vacuum cleaners that are good for removing pet hair?
Our place is like one big fur ball at the moment - it's unbelieveable & our existing hoover is rubbish.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I dont have the dyson animal but i have a dyson and i wouldnt buy anything else it picks up more than any other vacuum cleaner iv had so i imagine the animal one would be better than my one.

·
Registered
27,670 Posts
I am currently doing a bit of DIY as we want to put our flat on the market & move in the next few months. I have become more aware of the amount of cat/dog hair that is EVERYWHERE!!!
It is a bit of an annoyance to me but I'm worried it may put off people who come to have a look at our flat so want to make ssure it's as tidy as possible. Am thinking of investing in a Dyson DC27 Animal - anyone got this? Are they any good? Any other vacuum cleaners that are good for removing pet hair?
Our place is like one big fur ball at the moment - it's unbelieveable & our existing hoover is rubbish.
I have got the VAX Power 4 Pet. It is absolutely brilliant for taking up hair, mine is a black and green on and very powerfull it cost us £58 down from £90 in our cataloge, I think Curry's have got them.
If the hair is really bad then you can take so much of it ....if you were rubber gloves and drag the gloves across the floor then go over it with the cleaner until you get a new one.????

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a Dyson animal we have had it for at least 8 years, replaced 2 hoses on it (spare parts are easy to purchase and fit) it works brilliantly even now!! has been attacked several times by the dogs teeth marks to prove it !!wouldn't buy anything else,we had a miele animal but it wasn't as good, I am just waiting for it to go so I can get the new version with the ball for getting around corners!!

·
Registered
9,322 Posts
i hates my dyson animal, it just kept packing in and wasn`t all that great. we got a swan petmaster and it`s amazing plus it only cost us £69, it came with 2 heads (one rubbish, one amazing) and all the tools for it and it`s been great at picking up the hair my 2 dlh cats and labrador leave around

forgot to add, we have a tiny scrubbing brush and if you use that dry on the carpet and just scrub it`s the best thing ever for picking hairs up

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
I'm on my second dyson, the first one was pants and kept cutting out on me, but the second one is brill, its the ball one, nearly as easy to manourve as they make out on the telly too. :D

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I will have a loook at all of them. I have heard good & bad reports about Dysons & as they are so expensive I thought I'd ask first.
Our place looks a mess at the moment, I hoover every day but the hair is still there. I just thought that at least a better model of vacuum cleaner would make it less like hard work ... that & shaving the cats & dog!!!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
i dnt have a dyson but sell them at work and you hear loads of ppl praisin them.
if i had that kind of money i wud prob get one but £250+ is a little out of my legue.

thing is they pride themselves so much on their customer service and reliability that you get a 5 years garantee with them and they will do everythin over the fone for ya.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Whilst I think Dysons are brilliant whilst they are working - I have had three in 9 years so I am not convinced they are worth the money. I think having 7 indoor cats was perhaps too much for them! You are probably okay if you only have one or two cats.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi forgot to say I use my Dyson animal (upright) every day sometimes twice, so It gets a lot of use, plus as above you can buy all sorts of accessories and when I ordered my last hose they replaced free of charge as I had trouble with the online ordering (£20 so not to expensive) also my husband uses a Dyson at work just a basic model they hoover up metal scraps and they have been using that for years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.