Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dylan Lungworm UPdate

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Bingette, May 21, 2010.

1. Bingette

Bingette PetForums Newbie

Hello Friends and Dog lovers

First of All I would really like to thank you all for your Help, Advice and support over the last couple of months.

Dylan is now back on the mend after a suspected serious case of lungworm. He's now on his second treatment of Advocate (30 days after the first) and coming to the end of an intensive steroid treatment. He's 100% better than he was but still not up to full strength as before but we're slowly working on his rehabilitation.

After the traumatic 4 months and a seriously ill little dog I would highly recommend that we all include lungworm prevention in our regular worming treatments as this can be fatal if not treated and what I understand from the web and the vet that unfortunately often difficult to spot until too late.

I'm now treating Dylan with Advocate (fleas and most worms bar tape worm and ticks) and then 30 days later drontal (intestinal worms such as tape worm )and frontline for fleas and ticks.

Hopefully I'm now covered for every eventuality.

Thanks you all so much again for caring and taking time to offer help support and advice

xxxxxx

2. rona

rona Guest

Good to hear he is better. :thumbup:
    Is there likely to be any long term damage?

3. Bingette

Bingette PetForums Newbie

Difficult to tell atthe moment. he's piled on the weight due to the steriods so we're not sure if his physical fittness is poor due to this or the lungworm. I guess I will be a couple of months before we know. But his chest scan and xray did look ok.

Karyn

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice