Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Dying ferret?!

Discussion in 'Ferrets' started by Gabby Sanders, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Gabby Sanders

Gabby Sanders PetForums Newbie

So long story short... I have a ferret called Lola she’s about 10 years old now and she’s going bald, lost lots of weight and slowed down. At first I just put it down to old age but now she’s got a strange growth on her foot and I can’t put my finger on the cause. Somebody please help me figure out what’s wrong. P.s will definitely take her to the vets but just want to have some idea of what’s happening to her.

Attached Files:

2. Gabby Sanders

The photos of her sleeping and her foot are from today and the others from a few months ago

3. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Member

The growth on her paw could be a tumour. Wether benign or malignant, better to have a professional diagnosis and then explore the options.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. Babyshoes

Babyshoes PetForums Senior

The foot issue needs a vet asap. The hair loss looks to me like adrenal disease, it can be treated very effectively with a hormonal implant - check with your vet about it.

Lurcherlad and noushka05 like this.
  5. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier.

Please take her to a vet asap.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. Gabby Sanders

I’m just worried about her needing surgery because she’s quite old and getting her put to sleep is a big risk. I’ll be taking her to the vets soon.

7. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

You don’t have to opt for surgery or expensive treatment but she needs to be seen by a vet to ensure she isn’t in pain or suffering.

If she can’t be helped with some medication then you can discuss whether pts is the kindest option.

But she must see a vet asap.

noushka05 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice