Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dwarf Lionhead lethargic Help

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Chris'sbunny, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Chris'sbunny

Chris'sbunny PetForums Newbie

I have a 1 year old male dwarf lionhead and all of sudden this afternoon he has started acting lethargic and just laying around in his run. His brother shares the same hutch and run and he is just fine.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    He ate fine this morning, same food and no changes in his diet.
    I am so worried and feel helpless..

2. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Why do you feel helpless when you can pick up the telephone and ask vet for advice?

Bunnies can go downhill quickly, he needs to be seen ASAP, especially if he has stopped eating ...

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

if you hand feed him any treats is he taking them?

at this time of year rabbits are starting to moult he could be a little warm. its good to give rabbits a regular brush at this time of year so they dont clog them selves with hair.

Are both your boys neutered? if not maybe this ones trying to keep out of the way of the boss

4. purple_x

purple_x PetForums VIP

I have a suggestion....call a vet.

I dont understand why people come on here and ask a bunch of people they dont know and that aren't vets advice about animals that are acting ill/not themselves.
    Surely if you can come onto a forum and ask for advice you could just as easily call a vet up or take your bunny to the vets and get advice.

Sorry if that's sounds harsh but we cant tell if there is anything wrong with your bunny or not, only a vet can.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice