Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dwarf Hamster lumps possibly cancerous.

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by TheWoodward, Oct 17, 2013.

1. TheWoodward

TheWoodward PetForums Member

Hi there
    Took my little hammy to vets yesterday as he had a lump on his nose, the vet said he had another and they could be cancerous. (He is nearly two) , you probably remember me right about my other hamster a month ago. Anyway he said he could have another 4 weeks in him so didn't put him to sleep much to my relief

However last night the lump on his nose got very big and this morning it looks like its come off as its all red. (I'm sure the vet said something about this but I can't remember)

Any ideas what I can do to either clean it or stop it getting infected as don't want him to be in pain?

Thanks ABi

2. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

I would have thought that saline would be ok for cleaning it out? Or if you ask yur vet you could get some hibiscrub as that might be better :) And your vet might also be able to prescribe him some painkillers if he is in pain.

I'm sorry that your hammy has tumours :( I hope that he stays comfortable for as long as possible, and that some one with more experience can give you some more ideas.

3. TheWoodward

thank you for your help it seems to be ok at the minute ive loaded him up with treats galore so hopefully thatll make him happy and i wiped it but being directly ontop of his nose it was a bit of a hassle

4. blade100

blade100 PetForums VIP

Has the lump itself gone? If not and it's still a lump it could've ulcerated.

5. TheWoodward

Yea its just a big red patch where it was, it grow rather large within in a few hours then in the morning it had gone all red where it was

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice