Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dulux dog put endangered-list

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dexter, Oct 28, 2012.

1. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

What a shame!

There will be more and more of our breeds going on that list every year, I think the KC needs to do more to promote and help the Vulnerable Native Breeds - I remember a writer in Dogworld a few weeks ago saying that he thinks they should offer free entry to crufts and other big CH shows to try and encourage more people to get involved with showing and breeding these dogs.

I also think (and I don't know how it could be done) that potential new dog owners/puppy buyers should be educated about the VNB's, we need to get more people owning, showing and breeding these dogs. When they eventually become extinct, plenty of people will be shouting about why these british breeds weren't saved, but while they are still around, people just don't see it as their problem, but SOMEONE has to keep these breeds going!

3. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I know someone who shows OES and she told me a few months ago their numbers were dropping and you were lucky if you get 5 in a class at champ shows.

Some of the breeds on the vulnerable list will not become extinct. Greyhounds are one breed loads are bred for racing but they have their own register and only show bred greyhounds get registered with the KC or thise racers who end up going to the ring have duel registration as my Button does. Foxhounds are the same the hunts breed litters every year but they again are not registered with the KC there is only about 2/3 breeders who actually breed and show foxhounds.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice