Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ducks, birds etc

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by bobbyw, Mar 23, 2011.

1. bobbyw

bobbyw PetForums Senior

Afternoon everyone

I have found a new 'quirk' with my rescue dog. I know he loves other dogs and trying to walk past other dogs with him is a pain so if anyone has any tips on how to start overcoming this it would be much appreciated.

In addition I took him on a different walk today and the path took us past a park with a duck pond. It would appear that my chap thinks ducks are to be chased and it's a good job there was a park fence between me and the pond! Then we saw two pigeons on the footpath and apparently those need chasing too :eek: It's nice to see him interested in something but there are a lot of birds out and about and if he tries to chase them all I will have very sore arms! Is there any way to de-sensitise him to these given that it's a hard thing to imitate at home? I had his fav chicken breast on me from when we had worked on recall in the park but even this couldn't distract.

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

If you find out let me know! :eek: McKenzie loves chasing and watching birds - not great when my flatmate has a parrot! :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice