Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

duck problem

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by worthington, Jan 9, 2012.

1. worthington

worthington PetForums Newbie

I am fairly new at keeping ducks - and because I've had chickens for years - I was asked as a favour to take in a big male duck. I immediately got him a female mate, which unfortunately 2 weeks later Mr Fox took. So I then got two muscovey females, which clearly didn't want to know him - they didnt fight but totally ignored him and spent most of their time together at the other end of the garden. I thought it was maybe due to the quite big size difference that they aren't compatible so several weeks later, I got another female for him (an aylesbury) and they immediately paired up and often mate. Unfortunately now though the paired male & female really bully the two smaller females, to the point that they are often chased out of the garden, are never allowed to eat when they are and sometimes are pecked. Do you think this is a temporary upset or will things settle down? Its getting to a point that I might had to get rid of 2 of them. Its not nice to see them being bullied so much. Any suggestions please ...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice