Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Duchess off her steroids at last!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by cbcdesign, May 1, 2017.

1. cbcdesign

cbcdesign PetForums VIP

So yesterday marked the first day that Duchess was taken completely off of her steroids. We got down to 1.25mG once per day halfway through April with the goal of withdrawing them completely at the end of the month.

Its been a long road but fingers crossed she seems to be doing well. She is having her first proper moult since she was diagnosed back in the latter half of 2016 and all the shaved areas where she had her joint taps and injections are now growing nicely.

She has been left with a bit of damage to her joints in her back legs unfortunately and will be on supplements now for the rest of her life. She will never be able to do the sort of walks I did with Kerry my previous Shepherd such as climbing Snowdon. Such is life however and I am just glad that she is still with us after suffering such a horrible and difficult to manage illness.

We will see how she goes now but hopefully we are emerging from the tunnel.

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

So relieved for you that she is doing so much better is now able to come off the steroids.

cbcdesign likes this.
  3. winter

winter PetForums Senior

That's brilliant news that Duchess is now off the steroids, hope Duchess continues to improve and can remain off the steroids.

cbcdesign likes this.
  4. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Keeping everything crossed she will be fine and enjoy her life with you

cbcdesign likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice