Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dry Shampoo Powder for 9-week-old kitten

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by ChaoCius, Mar 7, 2020.

1. ChaoCius

ChaoCius PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone!

I am a first-time cat owner and was wondering if I could be able to safely groom and use a dry cat shampoo powder for my 9-week-old kitten.

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hello @ChaoCius and welcome :)

Why do you need a dry shampoo? Is your kitten's coat very greasy? Or has it got oil on it? Most dry cat shampoos I know of seem to be for kittens over 12 weeks old. Same with no-rinse wet shampoos.

There are shampoos that are OK for kittens over 8 weeks old, which are used for actual bathing of a kitten in water. But as you are a first time cat owner I wouldn't recommend you bathe her unless you know she is used to being bathed (i.e. by the breeder). :)

I would try using unscented baby wipes.

Or just plain warm water soaked into an old towel and applied to the kitten's fur, then dried off with a clean dry towel. It is important to keep her in a warm room until her coat is dry right down to the skin. Or she could get a chill.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice