Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dry nose

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by bully, Jul 21, 2009.

1. bully

bully PetForums Junior

my american bulldog has a blocked nose on 1 side & the outside is very dry,can anyone give any advise please..thanx..marie

2. davehyde

davehyde Banned

try him in the bathroom with the bath or shower running for about 20 mins. the steam may help to clear it.

or maybe a grass seed or something stuck up there.
    other than that i have no ideas.
    hope you get it sorted.

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Id have him checked by a vet. He could have a cold, a foreign body, a tumour, all manner of things.

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

I would take him into the vets for them to check it out, I personally wont mess around up their noses as it could make matters worse. Maybe grass seeds stuck or something simple, but I wouldnt do anything yourself let the vet take over. good luck

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

I have just read up something, it may be the polups up his nose, or sinus infection or kennel cough can give symptoms of blocked nose. ??? take him to the vet to make sure he is ok. xxxx

6. bully

bully PetForums Junior

Thanx to everybody,it seems clearer now just keeping an eye on her,taking her up to the vet nxt wk for her yrly jags so i'l ask about it then.thanx again..marie :p:p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice