Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dry Food!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by maizie0_0, May 10, 2010.

1. maizie0_0

maizie0_0 PetForums Member

My puppy who is still with the breeders and is just over 4 weeks old is being tried with James Wellbeloved Puppy dry food. She chose this as it had the best ingredients etc.

Looking at Pets at Home, its quite expensive for a 15kg bag. Anymore recommendations?

If I did change, how would I do this? Would I merge it with current dry food and add more and more each day?

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I think Pets@home own brand is the same.
    But yes you're right mix the foods together gradually increase the new food and decrease he old over a week or so

3. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

We give Dillon "Pets at Home" large puppy it's £29.99 for 10kg bag, which I don't think is to expensive, and he's doing well on it.

4. Jasper's Bloke

Jasper's Bloke PetForums VIP

Most decent dog foods are are around the £30 mark for a large bag but when you take into account that you actually feed smaller quantities of a quality food it doesn't work out much more expensive than if you were to feed cheap junk.

Your dogs food has a tremendous impact not only on it's health and wellbeing, but also on it's temperement and behaviour. Unfortunately each dog is different and what suits one may not suit another, which means that most owners have a diiferent opinion of which food is best also! Look at the ingredients and try to stay away from foods made mostly of cereals and with lots of additives. Meat should be the primary ingredient, that is actual meat and not some derivative.

JWB foods have a good reputation and many here swear by them, my own experience of them is that my dog did well on it for a month, but had quite punjent wind that he didn't get with his regular food. He is now on Fish4Dogs which is £32 for 12kg if you shop around, that lasts me a month or so for a 25-30kg dog.

5. Kelly2774

Kelly2774 PetForums Member

Ive got my 4 dogs on Gusto's adult complete you get it from Tesco's at £6.70 for a 10kg bag :)

We're getting 1 of our new additions tonight a female 18 week old staffie pup called Angel and i'll be feeding her CSJ puppy at £12.80 for a 15kg bag until she's old enough to go on to Gusto's like the rest :) Other other addition arrives tomorrow afternoon another female staffie called Bailey, her owners at the moment have her on Wagg adult complete but i'll be switching her onto Gusto's and i'll change over gradually, putting so much in and putting in less wagg each day :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice