Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dry food without cereals/grain/rice

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Bellini, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Bellini

Bellini PetForums Member

can anyone recommend a KITTEN dry food that doesn't contain rice or grains or cereals?

Thanks x

2. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

Wet food, with 50% + meat content is the way to go :D

3. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

I agree. If she's had her upset tummy and now she is doing well on the nature's menu diet then why introduce any dry food at all? There is NO dry food free of the above. Applaws claims to be but it's still not nearly as good as a wet diet. If she has a sensitive tum I would stick to the 1 food that does not upset her. I have a cat who can not eat anything other than 1 brand of wet food and raw, anything else just upsets her.

4. Bellini

Bellini PetForums Member

thanks biawhiska.

I wasn't going to change her from the natures menu but I am a bit concerned she seems to be hungry a lot (she's not wormy or anything). I was going to just leave some dry down but if there's nothing out there appropriate then I'll just give her a bit extra.

Greedy moggy!

5. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

Honestly you are doing right sticking with wet and indeed just feed her some more. She is a growing girl. I never taken notice of what it says on the back of the box, I believe you can't over feed a fast growing kitten.

I note that their appetite does seem to decrease and then increase again. My 14month old cat won't stop eating at present and I believe it's a growth spurt, it's fits and starts. So long as the food is not going right through her then don't worry.

Millie is gorgeous and looks the picture of health in your photos. You're a great cat mum :)

6. Number 1

Number 1 PetForums Member

Acana is claiming to be grain free

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice