Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dry food from P@H

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Horse and Hound, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

Roo is currently on the Wainwrights puppy pouches/trays and seems to be liking them but he's started messing with the biscuits we put in with it. He used to be ok on them but I think they are really bland as they don't seem to be any particiular flavour if you get what I mean. (Not that I've tried them!)

Either way I said once that bag was up I was going to change to another form from the Pets at Home own puppy and was wondering if anyone had any experience of the ones from Pets at Home that he might find a little more palatable.

Eitherway he's doing really well on the Wainwrights wet so I won't be stopping that. I got fed up of all this advice given to me with regards to not feeding wet and decided to listen to my pup! He's no longer a fussy little git at meal times! :thumbup:

2. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

If he's fine on wet, and enjoys it, why bother adding kibble?

3. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Is he on wainwrights kibble at the mo or P@H??

Wainwrights kibble is good and v low cereal but I struggled getting Heidi to eat it. I put her on P@H silver bag adult - she liked that a lot more but there's lots of cereal in it and when I joined here I realised cereal isnt that good for them so changed to skinners. She did however find the P&H silver bag a lot more tasty than Wainwrights.

4. Horse and Hound

Horse and Hound PetForums VIP

P@H.

Perhaps the other poster is right. If he is ok on wet, why bother with the biscuits? I just got told they should have biscuits, not just meat, as the biscuits help clean their teeth? :scared:

5. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I dont think biscuits clean their teeth. That used to be the thinking but it's turning more towards raw bones to keep teeth clean. Heidi has her skinners, and each evening either a beef rib or chicken wing, to top up the meat content of her diet and keep her teeth clean.

Gosh it's a minefield of food and knowing what to do for the best :eek:

6. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

Mum2Heidi is right, biscuits do zip towards teeth cleaning, they need to pull meat off raw meaty bones, so they can 'floss' so to speak, thats how their teeth are kept clean.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice