UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my basset, Dinky, has resently recovered from a phantom pregnancy. She's moulting big time and her coat looks terrible. I've used a slicker brush and doesn't seem to move any of the dead hair! also the shime of her coat has gone. She looks a right old mess!
Anything else i can do for a quick fix?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Not sure about a quick fix, but does she have any supplements like cod liver oil? There is also one called barage oil i think it is, sure it is supposed to help with their coat.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've resently added olive oil to her dinner to make her coat look a bit oily, but to be truthful i haven't seen a difference.

i was tempted to drizzle it over her coat lol

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hehe, you never know!

I know I have used Evening Primrose oil capsules straight onto my skin if its very dry, works a treat.

There must be a good conditioner for dogs, maybe a leave in one

People who show their dogs may know

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats the funny thing, i Do show her.....lol.

she has a show to go to this Sunday but she looks naf;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
My collie would have a tin of sardines in oil bi weekly added to her food and i swear by it. not only did she get the oil from the tin but also the omega3 oils from the fish ... and she LOVED it.

Was only ever bi weekly and to be honest i cant remember if i ever used tuna or not but i defo used sardines :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.