Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

drop of blood in poop

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by parismonkey, Jun 26, 2009.

1. parismonkey

parismonkey PetForums Newbie

I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some advice. Fluffy is 3 months old BSH. I noticed sometimes his stool has a tiny drop of blood (only 4 or 5 times), :confused: usually right at the last dropping, colour is bright red and with a bit of poop together (last bit of poop is kind of soft and liquidy). And usually his stools is solid, when he does the business, he doesn't seem to be in pain. He seems to be fine, eating and playing as normal. so I'm wondering what that is, is it normal? He currently is eating whiskas pouches. And he'd been wormed twice.
    Thanks for your help.

2. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

Sounds like colitis,which can be caused by numerous things. bright red blood looks worse than it usually is.

I would suggest getting him off the whiskas, its no good and could be the cause, something with a higher meat content would be much better.

What wormer did you use? If its a shop own brand there not very effective, milbemax or drontal would be better.

If diet change and worming doesnt cure it, I would see your vet, there could be another underlying problem causing it, and they might need to do some tests.:)

3. parismonkey

parismonkey PetForums Newbie

I hope it's not Colitis. Fluffy doesn't seem to be sick, he's so active and eating normally. No fever or weight lost. When he poops he doesn't seem to be in pain either, also when I try to clean his behind, he's very happy to let me do it. So I don't know what is it.
    What brand of kitten food would you recommend?
    The wormer was given by the vet and he just popped a pill in fluffy's mouth, that was it. I supposed it should work.
    Thanks for your advice.

4. Jen26

Jen26 PetForums VIP

mine like applaws, hi life pouches and i give them butchers classic a few times a week, they really like it. they also like raw mince and chicken as a treat, they growl as they eat it they love it so much. They have dried biscuits too (royal canin).

If the vets have already wormed, then it definatly sounds as though whiskas could be the source of the problem.
    Keep us posted:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice