Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

DROOPY EAR PUPPY

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by paunovak, Aug 22, 2020.

1. paunovak

paunovak PetForums Newbie

Hello everybody!

I recently adopted a puppy greyhound in Spain and it turns out that the puppy has a droopy ear (I mean, they are both droopy, but one of them seems to have a problem).

I am really concerned because this is my first dog and I have read some stuff online and I am starting to think that he might have some kind of paralysis or brain damage.

The dog behaves completely normal, I picked him up yesterday and he was freaking out, but little by little he has more and more confidence and he is starting to play around. He can also move both ears, the only problem being that one is noticeably lower than the other, I'll attach a couple of pics.

Could anybody please tell me if this is really a severe problem? I will go to the vet on Monday but until then they are all closed and I am pretty concerned. I also want to know if there is anyway I could fix this. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. cava14 una

cava14 una Anne two black and white boys and a Nortie Tortie

How old is he? If he's teething (between 4 and 6 months roughly) it can make their ears do strange things

3. Kaily

Kaily PetForums Senior

Maybe he has an ear infection.

He is lovely.

Good luck for Monday

4. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

It looks to me as though one of his ears is set slightly lower on his head than the other, and that ear is slightly bigger.

I wouldn't be concerned at all.

I certainly wouldn't suspect brain damage or illness.

PawsOnMe likes this.
  5. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I agree with this. He is not a greyhound though.

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Normal for a puppy their ears never really settle till they are about 6 months old.

7. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

He is more liklely to be a Spanish galgo if he has come from Spain he is also most likely to be teething.

This is my greyhound pup when he was 14 weeks old he is a show bred greyhound

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice