Drontal/ advocate

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Chelseafan, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Chelseafan

Chelseafan PetForums Newbie

I gave my dog drontal on 2nd of this month when can I give him advocate?

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Whenever you like. While Advocate covers some worms, it doesn’t cover them all, hence why the drontal is also required. You don’t need to space them out as they are completely different drugs.

MontyMaude likes this.
  3. Westie Mum

Westie Mum PetForums VIP

I normally give them a week apart purely because my brain tells me it won’t overload their system ..... my vet tells me otherwise but my brain is stubborn ;)

4. Happy Paws

Happy Paws PetForums VIP

Dillon only has Advocate as he has a bad reaction to Drontal, we have spoke to the vet about about it and he said in our area just using Advocate was OK.

5. sesmo

sesmo PetForums Member

@Westie Mum I do the same thing. I get Obie's stuff at the same time from the vets and give them a week apart. My way of thinking as well is that if that he did have a reaction to one of them (like if the formula was changed) I'd know which one it was unless it was totally obvious, like the skin being irritated where it was put on.

6. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

There’s other types of wormers if he can’t have advocate. At the very least I think I’d do worm counts if I couldn’t comprehensively worm my dog.