Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Driving the cat crazy with a home made da bird

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by GingerHound, May 6, 2011.

1. GingerHound

GingerHound PetForums Member

After having read about the Da Bird cat toy on here, I thought I would make my own. I found some hen feathers on the beach (I am guessing one of the beach dogs got lucky with the hens that live at the back of the beach), tied them on to a length of garden cane with a piece of string and proceeded to drive the cat crazy.

[​IMG]

Result: one mad panting cat, obsessed with the Da Bird, who now follows me around hoping for more feather chasing action. :D

2. Abster21

Abster21 PetForums Junior

Excellent! Home made is always best :)

3. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Fab idea, !!!!

We used to have a pheasant feather my old cat used to dlgo mental just when dragging it

4. kerfuffle

kerfuffle PetForums Senior

You did it! Awesome action pic, so funny. :laugh:

5. GingerHound

Well, the da bird only lasted 2 days - the cat appears to have eaten the feathers. :eek:

She kept on slinking off with the feathers in her mouth... obviously some instinct to take her catch back to the nest.

More feathers needed, so another trip to the beach to look for an unlucky hen. :(

6. GingerHound

Yep, everyone (including the dog and the 2 year old) are highly amused by the cats da bird chasing antics. :D

7. kerfuffle

You may have to get your own hen to get a constant supply. :D

8. GingerHound

I think the hen wouldn't last very long with a hunter/killer cat and a crazy ginger dog around the place. We have now bought a feather duster, to cannabalise to give us a few days feather supply.

To give the cat a breather after one session in the garden with the new feather in place, I put the da bird out of her reach on the top of the patio doors. This is her Catwoman impression going to collect it. :D

[​IMG]

9. kerfuffle

LOL! Cats eh... they really don't know when to quit. When I get Da Bird out, mine gets ready and starts looking around like a mad cat, and even after play, he'll still try to chase after it when he's panting and looking like he's about to pass out from the exertion. I have to put it away in a cupboard or he'll have all the feathers out in 2 minutes!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice