Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Driving me crazy

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by may, Mar 30, 2008.

1. may

may PetForums VIP

:eek:Why Pearl keeps moving the poor little kittens to different parts of the room is driving me crazy she had ten babies under the activity center!!! both Guinness and Pearl and all the babies were all in the corner I moved them back to the kitten pen just to find them under the activity center again. Pearl is trying to stop them moving around to much and is putting them in a small area, I also think she is objecting to them being weaned to solid food I can see I'm in for a long night again :rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. SavannahKitten

SavannahKitten PetForums Senior

:D:D

Poor you! :D How old are the babies now?

3. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Long nights May:eek:Do you have any other kinda nights:D:DI know how youand the 2 girls luurrve to party and now you are teaching these innocent,beautiful little furmuffins naughty habits:rolleyes:Not long til they'll be showing you,Guinness and Pearl how it's really done:cool::D:D:D

4. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

lottie used to carry her kittens into our bed :rolleyes: drop them on the pillow then walk off to do her thing.... how rude :p

5. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

O it's SUCH fun when you have two queens with a pooled litter and they disagree on where they want them :rolleyes:

6. may

may PetForums VIP

The kittens are 4 weeks tomorrow :D

7. Desertstorm

Desertstorm PetForums Member

I know just how you feel! I have a queen with 3 "one week" old kittens that is moving them from trunk to trunk....and both trunks 2 1/2 to 3 feet off the floor! I even put the kitten box on one trunk, and snuggled everyone in went upstairs later to find that didn't suit and they were on another trunk across the room! I can't move the trunks to another area until my son moves out...not going to happen in the near future.:rolleyes: I have a playpen and I am sorely tempted to put all in it and put a piece of plywood on top. But she might panic if I did that, so I rolled up the edge of the blanket under them, put a sheet under it to make a rim and placed thick blankets on the floor in case one takes a nose dive. Crazy cat! At lease she isn't biting them like one of my queen did last year....first litter, 7 kittens, two had actual bleeding bite marks, (one didn't make it from the biting as did two of the tinier ones, who died of just being too small) Luckily I had another queen with young kittens (her mom) that took over and both litters were raised together. What doe one do in a situation like this when mom is biting and lugging kittens constantly:confused: I plan on breeding the biting queen again....she turned out to be an awsome mom. Is she likely to do the biting, lugging thing again?

8. may

may PetForums VIP

I have no experience with Mums biting babies but if it was her first litter it could have been confusion:confused:
    Is she doing it with this litter ? mums can also get a little stroppy if the kittens are moving around to much! this is why my girl moved her babies to keep them still :D:D

9. Desertstorm

Desertstorm PetForums Member

Her sister has this new litter. Pascha (biting mom) is not bred yet this year. She did it when they were hours old. I ended up chucking her out of the room and putting all 7 of her babies on her mother, who had 3 babies of her own. She had 10 kits on her all night. In the morning, Pascha was having a fit so I allowed her back in. She settled right in with her mom and started nursing. (It was before I put both litters together (2 weeks difference in age) that she did the mauling.)

10. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

I think sometimes Mums can get a bit over awed and panic if a baby squeaks, they don't know what to do with them. Being with her Mum would give her confidence. I hope she stays settled, I love seeing Mums share babies.

11. xxSaffronxx

xxSaffronxx PetForums VIP

Awwww mums sharing their babies is so cute!!!

I recently went to see my Burmese Breeder who has 2 litters from 2 queens. But only one of the queens nurses! The other one is damn lazy and lets her do all the work! he he he

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice