Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Driving me crackers - Hiding food and Crying

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Staceybob, May 13, 2010.

1. Staceybob

Staceybob PetForums Member

Hi there,

My 1 1/2 year old Siberian Husky Aleu has started this new pattern of crying and crying and crying. If I feed her she wont eat it unless I handle the food with her which is odd for her because she's normally a munching monster. When I give her treats she has now started hiding them, like trying to hide them in boxes or in the sofa and shes started sitting right next to me whenever she's in the same room as me.

The only thing I can think of is that I suffer with my mental health and I'm having to go for tests and things to try and get my health back to normal, so sometimes my health causes me to shout and harm myself.

Im worried she might be upset because of me, but her new crying pattern is driving me and my partner crazy.

Any ideas?

Stacey xxx

2. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

My Mia who is a 2 year old poodle does this as well.I can give her a treat in the morning and she will still have it come the evening.Inbetween that she will take some of her food,the dried stuff and hide bits all over the place.Only when i give her something like a bonio biscuite does she cry though.When we got her her breeder said from the word go she would hide toys ect.:D

3. Hi dont handle her food full stop just place her food down and close the door with her in the kitchen til she gets the message.
    The more you feel anxious due to ur illness the more ur dog will pick up on how ur feeling so try and keep things as upbeat as possible when ur around her I know this will be tricky for you but its very confusing for a dog when they see there owners in distress i hope that helps.
    Always divert her attention when she starts howling engage her into something else thats more positive.

4. rona

rona Guest

Has she recently had a season?

5. Staceybob

Staceybob PetForums Member

Thanks for the advice so far.

Her last season was in February.

Stacey xxx

6. rona

rona Guest

Could it be a phantom pregnancy?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice