Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Sign Up

Driving in usa

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by WillowT, Feb 14, 2020.

  1. WillowT

    WillowT PetForums VIP

    Mar 21, 2015
    Likes Received:
    I will be visiting Washington state for 4 weeks in May. I know I need to get an international driving licence but I will have access to my mother in laws vehicle whilst there.
    I have been trying to look up about insurance but it’s not very clear.
    My husband is sure that in usa car insurance follows the vehicle so as long as you have permission from the owner you are covered. It is quite unclear online with some suggesting this but some suggesting it depends on the policy of the person who owns the car.
    Any help/thoughts please.
  2. O2.0

    O2.0 PetForums VIP

    May 23, 2018
    Likes Received:
    Your mother in law's car should be insured. If anything happens or you get stopped by a police officer, you will be asked to show the vehicle's registration and proof of insurance. So make sure you know where she keeps these in the vehicle - it's usually the glove box.
    Just make sure you drive on the right side of the road :p
    kimthecat and WillowT like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice