Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Drinking Tea

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fleur, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I've never liked Tea :eek: But at the age of 43 I think I may be missing out :rolleyes:

So seeming as up to a few years ago I hated Prawns and Olives and then I hit 40 and they are now my favorite foods :w00t:

May be my taste buds will evolve and I'll grow to like tea :confused: :) ;)

So I've just made myself a cup of tea :thumbup: and it tastes like dirty dish water :(

So how do you make your tea? and what tea do you think makes the best flavour cuppa?

2. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Yorkshire tea with one sugar, water has to be boiling as you pour it in, and leave it to mash for a couple of minutes. If you're making it in a teapot, put the milk in your cup first, before pouring in tea.

3. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

I like mines with 3 sugars and the tiniest splash of milk, needs to be strong and sweet, not my fav hot drink this here sums it up for me though :p

Doc Brown - My Proper Tea - YouTube

4. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

Dash of milk, fairly strong, no sugar.

Sugar in tea makes me gag. It's not tea if it is anemic looking and sweet!!

5. Fleur

I used a tea bag of unknown brand (can't remember what the girls bought last time we went shopping)
    Put it in the mug added boiling water straight from the kettle - stirred it up until it went the colour of coca-cola and then took out the tea bag - added milk until I thought it looked the colour my girls dink it.
    had several sips - afraid I'm not impressed
    Added sugar - now it just tastes like sweet dirty dish water :rolleyes:

Maybe I need to keep trying it until I grow to like it ;)

6. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

That's a very good description fleur of tea....Dirty Dishwater .....

Just the smell alone of tea makes me feel like vomiting ...eughhhh

7. Nataliee

Nataliee PetForums VIP

I don't like coffee, love the smell of it but think it tastes disgusting. I've only started drinking tea the last few years & unfortunately it's become a bit addictive especially in colder weather I can drink up to 10 cups a day :eek:
    I have it with 1 sugar and a tiny bit of milk, either tetley or Yorkshire tea.
    I also don't like wine, most of my friends & my mum love a glass of wine, but I just can't understand it, I think it tastes foul, and champagne. For my 21st I was bought several bottles of wine & a bottle of champagne :eek: my best mate got me a bottle of Malibu & drank the wine for me :lol:

8. H0lly

H0lly PetForums VIP

Has to be Yorkshire tea. Pour water in. Give it a few stirs add milk ( not to much) add 2 sugars stir again and enjoy :) it HAS to be Yorkshire tea tho !!!

9. Megan345

Megan345 PetForums VIP

Yorkshire Tea is best, although Twinings is an acceptable substitute. Boil water (preferably that hasn't been boiled before), pour it in the cup the second it's finished boiling. Give it a broddle, let it brew for a few minutes (make sure teabag isn't trapped against the side of the cup by the spoon), add a drop of milk, squeeze teabag against the side of the cup and remove.

10. kathryn773

kathryn773 PetForums VIP

Jasmine tea here, no milk, no sugar.

i would also add on NO ACCOUNT share a spoon thats been in another beverage first.

11. Fleur

I will buy a small box of Yorkshire tea next time I go to the supermarket and try again. :D

Jasmine tea sounds nice - I don't mind chamomile and vanilla tea or peppermint tea, but I can't say I really enjoy them either :eek:

12. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

Tea is Yuck! :nonod: Coffee is king.:thumbup:

13. grumpy goby

grumpy goby Grumpy wench.

Yorkshire tea, loose in a pot. If I can get hold of decent tea I do, but everyday coffee is always Yorkshire.
    I hate it at work as bags just don't taste the same (a bit like instant coffee doesnt taste the same as coffee from a cafetiere or moka) I do still drink it but its not as good!

Dash of milk, no sugar. Bootiful ;)

[youtube_browser]FtK_vfp8po8[/youtube_browser]

#13 grumpy goby, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  14. witchyone

witchyone PetForums VIP

Love a cup of tea in the morning. I make tea flavoured wine as well, but that's an evening drink. Lots of lovely fruit flavoured teas. Have made Rose garden tea wine and Blackcurrant tea wine :D Tea haters would love tea wine i'm sure ;)

15. chichi

chichi Banned

I drink several cups of tea in the morning but after lunch I don't like tea - unless I have a delicious cake/chocolate digestives to wash down:eek:

Cannot stand Yorkshire Tea..way too strong for me and I don't like milky tea at all.

No sugar and a spoon of dried Skimmed Milk Powder (Marvel - cannot stand real milk; tastes vile in tea to me - makes it taste like a cup of watered down milk).

OH drinks coffee :nonod: I don't like the smell of it at all.

16. CavalierOwner

CavalierOwner PetForums VIP

Yorkshire tea here!

Add teabag and 2 sugars to a mug, pour boiling water in and stir. Leave for a minute or so and then squeeze teabag into the side of the cup before removing it and adding milk. Grab a couple of biscuits and settle down to watch your fave programme mmmmm.

I think squeezing the moisture out of the teabag before removing it is super important, someone I know uses Yorkshire tea but never squeezes the teabag...end result = watery tea.

Also refuse to drink tea made with red top milk, bleurgh that really does make it taste like watery dishwater! Has to be made with blue or green top milk.

17. oggers86

oggers86 PetForums VIP

PG Tips, 2 sugars (or three in a massive mug) left to mash for ages with a dash of milk.

Perfect.

18. oggers86

oggers86 PetForums VIP

I always do this as it just adds more tea flavour which you cant go wrong with.

19. lilythepink

lilythepink PetForums VIP

Yorkshire tea is the best. Tea bag, add boiling water, stir it round and chuck away tea bag....then drink.never spoil it with sugar and milk.

I always used to be a Vimto drinker and occasionally coffee . Always had the coffee pot on which fit in with my busy lifestyle, always a hot cup of coffee waiting then for some reason I had a drink of black tea.totally converted, do still drink Vimto hot or cold.lol

20. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Yorkshire tea bag in a mug, pour boiling water over it and then stir like crazy - kill the tea bag with out splitting it.
    When the water is as dark as you can get it take the tea bag out.
    Add sugar, a small cup requires less sugar, a large mug requires more sugar.
    Now as you stir the sugar in slowly pour in the milk intil a nice golden brown colour :D

Finally, dunk your prefered biccie into it, tea is not for drinking it is just for dunking. Once you have consumed enough biccies to make you feel queasy, give the tea away or pour it away.
    And incase anyone was wondering - custard creams are best held submerged for approx 6 seconds, I have been doing biccie research today (or atleast thats what I told the Children :w00t: ).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice