Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Drinking fountain

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by DirtyGertie, May 6, 2011.

1. DirtyGertie

DirtyGertie PetForums VIP

I mentioned in another thread that Poppy liked to drink from running taps and the birdbath if overflows when being filled up, also the hosepipe. I ordered a drinking fountain and it arrived this morning. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but hoped that she would take to it. Here are some photos of when she first encountered it.

Hello....... what's this?

[​IMG]

It makes a trickly noise:

[​IMG]

It plops down there:

[​IMG]

Doesn't smell funny:

[​IMG]

Ooooh, tastes just like water:

[​IMG]

She was a bit wary at first, it was quite funny to watch her going up to it and backing away again, but once she got used to it she loved it. She's drunk a lot more today than she normally does.

It was the cheapest and smallest of that make and I'm really pleased with it.

(The carpet isn't normally there, hubby's in the process of levelling the floor ready for some carpet tiles and that's just there to make it a bit more comfortable underfoot until the job's finished.)

2. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Looks like she likes it :) We've the Drinkwell Big Dog Fountain and it's a huge hit in our house, the normal water bowl rarely gets touched.

3. Angie2011

Angie2011 PetForums VIP

This really made me smile! :D with your little story to :D
    i must say, she is a beauty

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice