Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dremel Pet

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jess2308, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Has anyone got one of these? Mine just arrived this morning so will give it a test later when i have someone on hand to help! I have never used a dremel before, i've always used nail clipped and a hand file to tidy them up, but the pugs and basenji do not like having nails clipped at all. A friend in America recommended the Pet Dremel so i thought i'd give it a go. She uses it for her cats and parrots too :D

2. tiddlypup

tiddlypup PetForums VIP

i got one but its for people really,i picked it up at a carboot for £4,once they got used to the noise my lot were fine,the only changable head i dont use is the one for french polishing the nails:D

3. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Lol! The one im talking about is specifically for trimming pet nails :D Im sure my girls would love a french manicure though :D

4. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

Hi Jess, like you i have one i bought on ebay. Bought for my pugs who hate anyone going anywhere near their nails.

Not had the bottle to try it yet though. Love to hear from people who have though as my older pug would do anything to stop you and this promises to be easier!

5. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

I use a normal dremel on my dogs with great success, they soon get used to it ;)

6. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Just to update this, i have used the dremel over the weekend and it is fantastic! I used it on Maya the basenji to get her ready for her shows and her nails are so much neater! She stood perfectly to have them done, no fuss at all. It was really easy to use, light, quiet - perfect! Would definately recommend if anyone is thinking of getting one!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice