Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dream jobs.........

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by animallover111, Jul 8, 2009.

1. animallover111

After just reading Foxxy's thread made me wonder........when you were little what job did you want to do when you got older? and what would be your dream job now.................

when i was little i always wanted to work with horses my parents wanted me to go to uni (which i regret not doing now so Foxxy you must finish your degree!) i ended up working with horses......and now im a beauty therapist.....my dream job is a midwife!!

2. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

i dont' actually know what my dream job now would be.

when i was younger it was apache helicopter pilot, top gear journalist (but not presenter i'm too shy for that) and something/anything to do with sharks...but now i know that it's really hard to do any of those, even tho i'm a marine biologist and journalist with degrees and experience, and would still love to fly a helicopter but dyscalculia won't allow me to.

I've run out of dream jobs. Being married is also stopping me doing alot of things i would love to.. like to work do arctic/antarctic research work, something marine bio based or move abroad.

I think now, i would love to work in Pit Rivers in the weapons dept :D or the natural history museum in the watery beasts dept.

3. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

As a kid i always wanted to be a police dog handler...:cool:

I left school & qualified as a chef...:rolleyes:

Now i'm in project management...:D

I don't have a dream job now as i only work to pay the bills...;)

4. animallover111

After reading your post i really am a dizzy blonde :blushing: :blush2:

5. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

Never had a dream job as a child but i have my dream job now....i look after himself :D

But........

if i were to have a 'working' job... it would be to work with Anorexics

6. animallover111

Something close to your heart Summer!
    What does your oh do job wise? xx

7. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Paleontologist.

Id like to work in a museum.

8. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

lol i'm not as intelligent as i sound! I know a little about a lot, but not a lot about one thing.

9. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

Himself has his own business :D

10. rona

rona Guest

I was lucky to do my dream job for 17 years and I would go back to it tomorrow if I could
    I worked on a pig farm

11. nhamblin84

nhamblin84 PetForums Member

I used to want to be a vet or a journalist!

now i work for a promotional and marketing company :confused:

12. animallover111

I know little about a lot but if you need your nails done i am the one!!!......:D

13. animallover111

Why did you leave pig farming Rona if you dont mind me asking?

14. rona

rona Guest

The farm I was working on closed down, I was heartbroken, all the other farms at the time kept pigs in crates or similar, the one I worked on didn't.
    Oh you've got me going now :( I loved every minute and miss my pigs almost as much as I would miss my dog :(

15. animallover111

Sorry Rona :( I know how you feel i worked at an animal sanctuary i left to have my son when i returned to work two of the horses had passed away a few years later i left for good i still go visit but sadly it has all changed since i worked there and none of the animals i knew i there anymore :(

16. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

I wanted to be an air hostess :) It seemed very glamorous to me when I went on our first abroad holiday when I was 7 yrs old :D

My dream job now, would be to buy somewhere down West Wales that is big enough for my kids to live with us as adults (should they choose to) with outbuildings to do up or existing cottages and let those out to holiday makers. Room for a tennis court would be a bonus, seeing as I would have to leave my tennis friends behind :(

17. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I had it for a while - Trainee Riding Instructor but I had a bad fall and left leg wont work properly any more, its ok just doesnt work on horses that arent push-button so to speak and in order to qualify you need to be able to ride the challenging ones as well as the others. :( but since then I've done allsorts including selling encycolpias (spelling really crap) door to door and had a ball (mostly) :D

18. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

I always wanted to be a zoo keeper from a very early age. My dream job now would be working at one of the Orangutan rehabilitation centres in Borneo.

I have the perfect job now though.

19. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

what do you do miss g?

westie-ma, i will sneak round and steal your very cute dog in your avatar pic soon! :001_tt2: my OH will not notice if i swap out one of the cats for that cutie!

20. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

Well seeing as i haven't grown up yet can i say what i want to be??

I want to be a professional dog groomer, with her own little business. Train dogs too, and also later on when i am fully prepared breed dogs.
    After school I am going to college to do a course on Dog grooming, but for now i just get shown how to do it by my brothers fiancee who is a professinal groomer. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice