Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Drat! The boiler has kicked the bucket.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AmberNero, Feb 3, 2012.

1. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

Bother. We have one electric heater- thankfully in the kitchen, which is a heat sucking place of frostbite and icicles- no, really. :scared:

We don't often have it on because money is its lifeblood :rolleyes:

Soo, kitchen curtain is closed and secured to the floor so the kitties can't leave it open when they scrounge in the kitchen, all the doors are closed, and we're all in the living room- hounds snuggled on the sofa, I've got their coats ready for them when the last of the heat dissipates- and I've got on a scarf, a thick cardi, fingerless gloves, slipper-boots, and a duvet.

We are PREPARED for the cold. :thumbup:

2. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Is it insured? Go onto General Domestic Insurance, and insure it but dont tell them it have packed in yet. wait a week :eek: then phone them up and they will repair it for you. We got all our appliances done through them.

3. DT

DT Banned

Heck! thought the MIL had expired then!:eek:

4. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Hope you can get it fixed quickly....last winter, the boiler in my rented house broke down, it was HELL D: The poor rats nearly hibernated

5. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

The OH is going to have a look at it when he gets home... hopefully he can fix it, I really, really don't want to pay out for a repair man!

The kitchen heater has actually worked really well! Having it on has prevented the kitchen from stealing all the heat, I've been able to take off my scarf and cardi! Woooo! :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice