Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Drakeshead

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by candysmum, Mar 31, 2011.

1. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

Does anyone here know about the DRAKESHEAD line?

2. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

As in labs? As far as i can remember Drakeshead is one of THE lines you want in a lab, it's working lines my OH's mate has a dog from drakeshead lines he's been very easy to train and very biddable, loves people and other dogs and seems fairly calm considering he's only 3 :D very relaxed indoors and not overly excited outdoors.

If i ever thought about getting a lab i'd want to see drakeshead in it's pedigree :p Just my opinion but for what it's worth drakeshead is very well known and a good pedigree line.

3. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

FTC's as in Final trial champs?

4. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

Yes in labs. I'd love a dally but they are all to far away :( and i just came across a breeder who has a litter and the pedigree is full of drakeshead so i came here, I knew you guys would have the answer!

5. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

I thought it's Field Trial Champs and Field Trial Winners?

6. rona

rona Guest

7. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

Lol just asked my OH, Drakeshead is equal to Sandringham, they're the top bloodlines in Britain at the moment, i'm not going to say much about sandringham as i don't know the lines well enough but drakeshead is pretty much a must for the average working lab today, the first thing any gamekeeper looking at a litter does is check for drakeshead due to their endurance and trainablilty :D Check theres not too much inbreeding going on in the pedigree as OH's mate has the 2 littermates in his dogs line his sires gran and dams great grandad were siblings...although i think this is acceptably far enough back to not affect the dog? I don't know but check anyway.

Hope whatever you choose goes well, labs are lovely dogs, do you have a colour preference?

8. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

Just got of the phone with him they were born on the 22nd. (makes me think of the one out one in thing seeing as thats they day we lost misty) mums chocolate, dad is black. The sire is where all the Drakeshead has come from, sire hip score 0-0 dam hip score 3-7

all pups are black he has 3 bitches & 2 dogs and loads of interest. He is regisitering them online tomorrow. I'm not worried about colour a nice happy healthy pup with paperwork, thats been bred for good standards and health checked and that i can show! :D

I explained to him I wanted to see all KC papers and the pups KC papers before i even put a deposit down if he decides to ask for one.

Pups come with their first vaccine and maybe microchip.

I think he was a bit over whelmed with all my questions lol.

However sadly, i will jump at a dally if one appears!

9. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

anyone else know anything about this line?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice