Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jess2308, May 4, 2011.

1. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Anyone else seen it?

I came across it a few weeks ago, it was one of the related videos on youtube when I was watching something and I clicked on it cos it sounded interesting. I love it, cant wait til they make another! I find myself humming the songs as im walking the dogs and stuff :eek:

For those who have never heard of it, it was a project done by Joss Whedon (Buffy, Dollhouse) to bypass the need for the big networks if I understand it correctly. It was distributed only on the internet (and subsequently on DVD as it proved to be popular) and the proceeds made from that went towards paying the actors and crew, who didnt actually get a salary at the time. It seems a great way of doing things, far too many GOOD programmes are cancelled by the big networks, and the drivel is renewed :rolleyes: This way, people get a choice of what they do and dont want to see more of :D The way forward I think!

Anyway, here's the first part to get you started. When I first watched it I was like, "HUH???", but persevere, its funny and sad all at the same time :p

YouTube - Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog: Act 1, Part 1

2. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Watching now!

3. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Yay! :D Enjoy!

4. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Definitely interesting :D

5. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

The "Bad Horse" letter is my favourite, I have been known to sing that out walking, people must think im nuts! :lol:

It is certainly very random, I think its one of those things you need to watch a couple of times for it to grow on you!

(Btw, incase you missed it, theres another 5 videos in the "set", should be in the related vids on that link :D )

6. Ren

Ren PetForums Senior

I LOVE Dr Horrible! But then I am a huge Joss Whedon fan so I love everything he does. :D

Also Nathan Fillion= Yum :eek:

7. Savahl

Savahl Guest

oooh i remember when this was coming out..i used to love waiting for its release each week! been so long!

The end is very sad :(

Love the girl that plays it, shes from the guild and a bit of a nerds pinup (check out "you wanna date my avatar")

8. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Isnt he just! :eek: Bit too big and muscly (is that a word?? lol) in this for my taste though :lol:

The ending is so sad :( But, I think they are releasing a new one this year, maybe it was all a dream :lol:

I hadnt really heard of the girl who plays Penny, just from Buffy, but she has a lovely voice, I liked the song with her a NPH singing together, sounds so pretty :D

9. Savahl

Savahl Guest

Oooh the "my eyes" duet is brilliant... i love NPH, such a shame he is gay :cryin:

The freeze ray song, or slipping are my fav songs <3

I hope there is a new one!!!

10. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Oh now, come on, Captain Hammer's "A Man's Gotta Do" song and the homeless-ness speech are the funniest surely? :lol: Wouldnt you just HATE him :blink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice