Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Downing St petition re: out of control dogs.

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Gillian, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Gillian

Gillian PetForums Newbie

I have a small flock of pet sheep and from the end of Sept last year we had three dogs attacks which killed 4 of our sheep. I caught the dogs after the first attack, 2 beautiful German Shorthaired Pointers. My friend was insistant we shoot them but being a huge dog lover I handed them over to the police. I assumed the owner would be devasted and would control them in future. The police handed them straight back and took no action.

Sadly I was wrong about the owner. The last sheep to be killed was our beloved Darcy who we hand reared. However although a case is now being built the police insist that the law is too hazy for them to seize the dogs until after a successful prosecution. I've started a Downing St petition to enable the police to easily seize dogs which attack other animals. Recently in our area a dog slipped it's lead, ran across the road and killed a Yorkie, the police couldn't act. The owner of the GSP who killed my sheep thinks it's quite funny and say's his dogs can do as they please. All my sheep have had to leave the only home they've ever known and yet the dogs were back at Xmas, terrorising my chickens (in a secure pen). Please as responsible dog owners can you take a few minute to sign.

Petition to: Provide Police with the powers to seize dangerous dogs.

Once signed you then have to click on a link that goes to your email. Thank you.

Gillian

2. garryd

garryd Guest

wanna buy a gun???

3. carol

carol PetForums VIP

you should deliver him a bill for the sheep and i would have shot the dogs when it first happen.

and yes i to love dogs but when you got livestock you have the right to shot first ask questions later.

4. garryd

garryd Guest

Toatally agree ! next time shoot those mother f*****S

5. Magik

Magik Banned

To shoot them you would need to be at minimum of 200meters from the public highway and guns can be pricey and then you can never get ammo for them. Beating them to death with a blunt object would be more practical.

6. carol

carol PetForums VIP

lol :) run them over with the tractor

7. Gillian

Gillian PetForums Newbie

I don't live on site, or own a gun. My neighbour almost caught them the last time, he would have shot them, but the wonderful owner turned up and got them back.

I'm not sure even in these circumstances I could shoot the dogs. Now the owner...

8. Magik

Magik Banned

I must admit I would find it hard to kill an animal. Maybe a kinder option would be to blind the dogs or maybe removing a leg from each of them... thus giving your sheep a fighting chance? I once managed to blind an owl using just houshold bleech.

9. minnie

minnie PetForums VIP

its not the dogs fault! if anyone deserves the bullet it is the owner!!

10. Magik

Magik Banned

are you suggesting the lady should murder the dog owner? if so what method would you use? Stabbing? Strangulation? Drowning? etc? and how would you avoide police detection?

11. minnie

minnie PetForums VIP

hows about a load killer sheep with razor hooves and needle teeth :confused:

12. Magik

Magik Banned

very creative... it could work!!!

13. minnie

minnie PetForums VIP

or we could run him over with a combine harvester and then feed him to the sheep :eek:

14. Magik

Magik Banned

...ooooh stop you're makin me feel all hot and sexy ....

15. carol

carol PetForums VIP

it dont matter whos at fault if your dog is in any contact with livestock the farmer has the right to shoot first.
    and that goes for even if your dog is not in the field with livestock, you can be walking down a pathway.

16. carol

carol PetForums VIP

lol and that dont take much :) :)

17. minnie

minnie PetForums VIP

yes unfortunately that is true:( fortunately few farmers i know (including my parents) would be able do that being the great dog lovers the are:) unless ofcourse they are harming their livestock

18. Magik

Magik Banned

I agree,,, i think most farmers would only shoot a persistant offender. Farmers are animal lovers.

19. garryd

garryd Guest

yeah thats why they sh*g sheep:D bah bahh

20. Magik

Magik Banned

a good point well made. Totally agree.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice