Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

"Door bell" ringing...you got it!!! :D

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ebonyblack, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ebonyblack

ebonyblack PetForums Senior

Just wanted to document a massive milestone for Ebony. :D

A month or so back I made my own poochie bell(hanging some old keys to a piece of string from the door handle of our upstairs flat). I would ring it everytime I took Ebony out for to her to do her business. In past week or so she has been ringing it to go out for a wee or a poo. I am over the moon. She still has the odd accident but no where near as bad as she was.

I think she's cracked it :D

On a side note she also rings it when she wants to go out and have a sniff and search for the neighbour's cat. This is a little annoying but still its ace all the same :)

Well done little one x

#1 ebonyblack, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  2. Grace_Lily

Grace_Lily PetForums VIP

I'd never heard of this before until we viewed a house last week where their golden retriever had a proper doggy door bell on the floor she rang when she wanted to go outside, or just when she felt a bit happy! :D

Our dogs have a dog flap so wouldn't be much use to us, but I think it's a brill idea for people who don't have flap/ a garden.

3. TobyBoxer

TobyBoxer PetForums Junior

not a bad idea actualy might have to try it with our boxer. mind he is pretty good he will actualy come wake me up if i am asleep to get me to let him out. if i dont get up he will go right near the back door

4. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Well done ebony.....
    I have thought about this for Tia, she is 11mths now but has only just cracked asking to go out......the problem is he doesn't make any noise just stands by the door so you can miss it when sat in another room.

5. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

That's really clever! I may have to keep that in mind when I get my own place and dog :D

6. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Excellent! :thumbup1:.

7. Polimba

Polimba PetForums VIP

Well done, my dog trainer has a bell for her dogs too. Mind her Collie is so intelligent he probably drilled the holes and fitted it himself :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice