Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dont you hate people who wont admit they're wrong??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jess2308, May 26, 2010.

1. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Just having a discussion on another forum about neutering and showing. Someone is giving out wildly incorrect "advice" about showing and saying it is a disqualification to show a neutered dog :lol: As most of us know, that is far from the truth, you merely have to notify the KC. I hate to see "experts" giving out incorrect info so i corrected them and supplied links to KC website to back it up and they still wont admit they are wrong :lol:

It is sooooo frustrating! I should just let it go cos it winds me up :rolleyes: But this person is being so rude as if im stupid or something... Why wont people take in the information you give them and admit that they dont know everything??

Thank god I have a bottle of wine and my doggies here or i'd be losing my temper :thumbup:

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Is there not an official KC page about this sort of thing? Give them the link and leave it there ;)

3. leashedForLife

from the OP -

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh Terry can you tell I've only just woken up?? :lol:

5. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Yeah, they are now saying that I am giving out incorrect information!! lol I do wonder if im typing in another language sometimes...!!!

6. leashedForLife

:: yaw-w-w-n::
    really? :D i never would have guessed :lol:

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Ok after slapping myself awake and rereading your OP :laugh:

Tell them to ring the KC or send them an email.

8. leashedForLife

hmmmm.... do ya still have that translating-keyboard thats a QWERTY but prints in Swahili? :huh:

9. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Now, apparently anyone who has a neutered dog should only show at companion shows because championship shows are for the champions :rolleyes: These people are clueless lol

10. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

I think i must do :lol:

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Whaaaat? Come on you have to give me a link :D

12. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

Will PM it to you!

13. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

I was showing a speyed bitch back in 1990, was allowed then with permission so whoever is totally wrong:rolleyes:

And if they look through the catalogue for Crufts they will see by each entered dog that it states neutered, well it used to:D

14. Bexy

Bexy PetForums Senior

I didn't actually know that:eek:but unlike your friend on the another forum I will gladly learn something new:D

15. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

See, now that is the right attitude!! We dont all know everything about showing/breeding/agility/obedience/field trials etc etc etc but if someone who does corrects you when you say something incorrect then its really a good idea to accept that. I did it really politely too!!! :D

16. Bexy

Bexy PetForums Senior

I find people like that amusing, he probably knows deep down that you are right and is raging you publicly and politely corrected him!

Must be stressful thinking you are right all the time and people pointing out you aint:D

17. Vicki

Vicki PetForums VIP

I once met a woman who asked me if my dog was a cross between Tervueren and Rough Collie. The dog wasn't actually mine, but he was a pure bred Tervueren. When I told her that she said she didn't believe me and when I continued to claim that he was a Tervueren she said that a pure bred Tervueren couldn't be that big (he was a rather large Terv), so there had to be some Rough Collie in him (which was very confusing, since Rough Collies are no bigger than Tervs). It didn't matter how much I told her he was a Tervueren, she didn't admit that she was wrong. Needless to say that was really annoying and I really wished I had his pedigreee with me to shove in her face, but of course I didn't.

18. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

I new bitches coud be shown, but i didn't know males could, especially since they are checked all over!

19. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Yes they can be shown but dont stand much chance against an entire dog:(

20. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I had one woman claim Sky was a black lab because her brother bred GSDs and there is no such thing as a black GSD :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice