Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Don't tell the bride

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RockRomantic, Jan 31, 2012.

1. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

I love this show although I do pity some of the men!

Would let your fella organise your entire wedding?

I would have loved for mine to, but soon forgot that idea when he mentioned lord of the ring weddings rings :D

2. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

I don't know the show, but it sounds like fun!

(and no way would I have let my OH run the wedding!)

3. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

Basically the men have a £12,000 budget and have to organise everything from the dress to flowers, venues etc the bride has no say in it at all. Some of the stuff they come up with is genius, others are a bit well.... Odd lol

4. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

Ooooh, is it on youtube? We have BBC Canada, but my favourite shows on there are Graham Norton and Horrible Histories. :D

Great bride incentive to get all that cash! I'd love to see some of the non-genius stuff. :)

5. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

Ive watched it now and then... OH saw it and without prompting he said if that were us I would want to arrange a venue at a old house or palace something like Hampton court :eek: with a sleek corsetted dress and some lovely old cars...

Bugger the guests we could just have a great day to ourselves..

He's perfect, mind you after 31 yrs of training you'd expect him to be :D

6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

I wouldnt lol, would be a joint decision, or well just a barbeque and priest.

7. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

I would trust my OH to pull off an amazing wedding - sometimes he has better fashion sense than me, he's my own personal Gok Wan! :D We've talked about it loads as well, so he should know by now exactly what I want, then he can throw in a few surprises along the way ;)
    BBC3 did a callout for mothers of the brides as well, to do a Don't Tell the Bride Mothers Day special. Can ttly imagine my mum and OH going around the bridal shops picking everything out XDDD

8. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

i love this program, i would let my OH plan the wedding .... less than 12 weeks to go now :)

9. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

I wound not mind..at least no fuss for me...but I would dread what he wil lchoose for me to wear:(
    He has no idea!!!!:eek:...wonder what size he would come up with too?

10. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

i got married oct 2010 and there is not a hope in hell id have let him, it would most likely have been all dr who themed , now yeh i like dr who but still lol

11. EllesBelles

EllesBelles PetForums Senior

I love this program.

Always suprises me the people who go on it though - you'd think it would be people who didn't really mind what type of wedding they had, but they all have such specific desires, and usually don't get them.

And they usually hate their dress, cry and refuse to put it on, and then love it. What?!

I'd trust my OH too. I don't know if I'd get what I'd have planned, but he has amazing ideas and is great at choosing things. I know I'd love it.

12. Tula&Iver~cavs

Tula&Iver~cavs PetForums VIP

I love the program :)

OH would do a fab job.. (I hope) he knows what I like and don't like... Well he should do after 8yrs!
    BUT I would worry that he would get me a big pink dress :eek:
    I've told him once we've got the money to get married that he can do it all :lol:

13. troublestrouble

troublestrouble PetForums Senior

i LOVE this program but no no no no way i'd go on it

for a start i a loving planning my wedding, secondly there is a reason i am the artist and he works in finance and thirdly i'm making so much for the day, including my dress, there's no way it could all be done in 3 weeks

no no no no noooooooooooooo

(great show though!!!)

14. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

I love this show too - although sometimes I do want to give the bride a slap :lol:

I would totally trust OH to arrange everything, and pick the dress too :D

15. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

I made my OH watch it once then gave him a list of all the things i'd want if it were our wedding(just in case) so he knows what to do.

Although bless his cotton socks he might try for something a bit posher(i want to get married on a beach and have a BBQ...also i want to wear wellies under my dress :wink: ) but he knows about the colour choices, rings, dress types, locations etc etc so i think i'd be ok.

I'm definately organising the wedding though :001_tongue:

16. ginge2804

ginge2804 PetForums VIP

I LOVE this programme, but am in two minds as to whether I would let my bf plan our wedding...
    On the one hand I would because he knows what I like and would do his best to make me happy. And even if it wasn't what I would have planned myself, I think he could still make me proud..
    On the other hand, I don't know if I would regret not being able to have a part in my wedding.. And also, his dress sense when it comes to womens clothes is not always the same as mine, and I would not trust him to get the right size.

17. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Mine did :D

All I had to do was buy my outfit :)

18. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

of course i would let my bloke organise the wedding............. after i have created a 250 point list of what i want :D

19. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Id quite happily let Steve do ours..I know he'd go out of the way to please me besides im ways too laid back and wouldnt want to waste cash on a fancy dress ect :lol:
    I love the idea but actually wasteing the money on the day would kill me where as he would enjoy it i think xx

ETA is there a new series coming on i dont know about?

and try BBC iplayer if you want to watch it x

20. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

My OH loves this prgramme for some reason :huh: Havent even got a proposal yet!

My OH knows what I like so itd be "Just OK" wheras if I do it myself it'll be fabulous :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice