Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Don't read this if you're squeamish...

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by noteworthy, Apr 24, 2020.

1. noteworthy

noteworthy PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone,

I'd usually go to the vets for this type of thing but since we're in lock down and my dog isn't dying, I'm not sure my vet would thank me for turning up with her.
    I have a 10 month old whippet, recently she's had really bad foul smelling diarrhoea and now it's become bloody mixed with a yellow mucus. She seems to want to go but nothing happens. She is still very active, still eating and drinking, hasn't lost weight, doesn't seem to be in any discomfort and isn't vomiting. I wormed her only a couple of months ago and she doesn't seem overly hungry so I don't think it's that.
    She's been on the same brand of dog food for the last four months, I'm reluctant to change it since she's been thriving on it and, other than this issue, been very healthy.
    If anyone can give any help on how to stop the diarrhoea or what could be causing it I would be very grateful!
    Thanks.

2. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Vets are still open , I'd give them a ring if your concerned, a good thing also to have in you cupboard is prokolin for times like this

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. noteworthy

noteworthy PetForums Newbie

They are open, but she had a similar thing a couple of months ago and it passed after about a week. I was just wondering if anyone else had had this before with their dog and if I should be concerned enough to take her to the vets. And thanks for the prokolin advise, I'll look into it!

4. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Have a look at slippery elm also its brilliant for a dog with upset tummy, dorwest herbs sell it as tree bark powder

5. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

If she had the other bout on the current food maybe that’s the issue?

Burrowzig likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice