Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dolly Update - more problems

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by curluscat, Jul 8, 2009.

1. curluscat

curluscat PetForums Junior

Hi, Well Dolly continues to do well with her new hip, she thoroughly enjoyed her first 5 minutes walk yesterday!

She was due to be spayed on Monday but was very off colour on Sunday, did a disgusting poo and wouldn't eat anything. Monday morning she was a bit sick (just green froth really - grass?). Anyway I took her to the vets as planned but they decided not to go ahead with the spaying, her temperature was slightly raised and they were unhappy about the sickness. She's on antibiotics and we're hoping to get the op done next Monday.

The problem now is that although she ate a reasonable amount yesterday, I haven't been able to tempt her with anything since then. Also she hasn't done a poo since Sunday. Aside from all that she's happy enough and seems very well in herself.

Has anybody any suggestions about what to do to make her 'go'. It's not that she squats and nothing happens, she's doesn't even seem to need to try to do the 'business'! Any ideas?

Dolly's Mum

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Might be worth giving your vets a ring, or even going down there. They will be able to feel if her bowel is full.

After vomiting, some dogs are reluctant to eat as being sick isnt a pleasant experience. Keep trying to tempt her, warm chicken usually works. If not some tinned fish is another option.

3. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Yep I agree, I'd get her to the vets, just as a precautionary measure.

If mine are off colour, I feed scrambled egg and cooled rice. Or plain chicken. Bland is best to avoid upsetting her tummy again. (avoid the eggs though if you know that she isn't dairy tolerant)

Good to hear she's anjoying her new hip! :D

4. Chance

Chance PetForums Senior

Oh dear - poor Dolly. She has really been through the mill hasn't she!

Apart from her upset tummy, everything else seems to be going in the right direction. I am very pleased that she has managed a few short walks. Must be doing you all the world of good!

Hope she settles soon, and gets back to her normal self.

Chance sends a BIG lick!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice